Sign in to follow this  
chris

1151 Socket compatibility not on retention plates or manual

chris    0

New Hyper TX3 Evo delivered on Friday 2nd Dec. [1]Manuals do not identify mounting position of retention plate for Intel 1151 CPU.only1366,1156,1155,775 .I expect that as this socket was launched in 2015 it is too soon to expect Coolermaster to have up to date manuals.

[2]The push through retention screws are poor quality and installation is not helped by incomplete manual.As result of [1] above the HYPER TX3 is sitting in a cupboard useless with broken retention screws and the stock Intel Cooler is replacing it.What as waste of money!

Leebyn    4

Intel LGA 1155, 1156, 1150, and 1151 have the same socket hole spacing - it is an older product so I can believe it if they didn't explicitly mention that one in the manual.

If it's similar to the original Hyper TX3, yeah I agree the screws are pretty flimsy.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:46 PM, Leebyn said:

Intel LGA 1155, 1156, 1150, and 1151 have the same socket hole spacing - it is an older product so I can believe it if they didn't explicitly mention that one in the manual.

It's the same on many of these cooling models. I bought the Geminii S 8 years ago and bought the Hyper 212 EVO just 6 days ago and neither one specify 1151 socket.

So it has nothing to do with older or newer manuals. I had to make 3 phone calls to make sure I was buying the right cooler because the specs don't tell you.