fraz

Air & liquid

fraz    0

Hi,

Nepton & V8 air and liquid - Both are Coolermaster products - I'm not asking which is best, that wouldn't be fair - But what I will ask is what are the differences in cooling capacity? - I'll probably have V8 and Nepton in different systems then I can make my own conclusions but that will be a while off and some members here may have already have done both and know for sure.

I've got a Nepton on order for a build and is my first liquid cooling for the CPU.

knud    124

Which Nepton are you looking at? The 120 or the 240 model?

The V8 and the Nepton 120XL can support up to 250W TDP.

The nepton 240m can cool around 300W TDP

fraz    0
5 hours ago, knud said:

Which Nepton are you looking at? The 120 or the 240 model?

The V8 and the Nepton 120XL can support up to 250W TDP.

The nepton 240m can cool around 300W TDP

OK,

So they are about even then - That'll be plenty good enough - i7 3930k 130-140 TDP - I've just ordered a Nepton 120 XL - This will be better than a big air cooler that could cover up the RAM slots.

Would the V8 cover up the RAM slots meaning very low profile RAM would be needed? - I've got a Phanteks air cooler that is "just OK" with low profile RAM and very nearly not OK with graphics card pci-e 1 slot being hindered by the cooler.  So quite dicey for air coolers as far as space is concerned.

With Nepton 120XL the bulky radiator / fans go at the back of the case without obstructing the RAM and pci-e 1 slot - Is this correct? -