XipHiaS

Masterkeys Pro L, some keys lit up red while the should be off.

XipHiaS    0

Got a problem with my keyboard (Masterkeys Pro L version).

Key's: 5, T, G, V, F5 and P1 stay lit red in a very dim way all the time. They can't be adjusted to zero light/ off.

Already reset the keyboard (unplug FN+RAlt re-plug) and (while plugged in FN+E for 5 sec).

Loaded the latest firmware. Tried resetting with the software. Problem stay's.

Tried enabling different profile.

Looks like those key's red are variating a little bit in brightness all the time random. Loose contact or software error?

Can't remember for sure, but i didn't think i saw these keys in this red lit state before. Because i mostly have a color wave going on which hides the 'defect' a bit, i just recently noticed it.

What to do? Known problem?

Edited by XipHiaS

XipHiaS    0

What's the cause of this problem, is it fixed in newer revisions?

What's faster in the Netherlands, RMA to Cooler Master (if possible) or send to shop? How tomake sure i get one from the right batch?

Edited by XipHiaS

knud    129

Not really sure what the reason for this - but it got fixed in a later batch, starting from: SGK6020KKCL1US1163xxxxxxx

As for RMA: See if the shop can help you first - it depends on their RMA policy on how fast they are. 

rabbitspy    0

I have this same issue, though with a different set of keys. My serial number is SGK6020KKCL1US1162xxxxxxx, so I've requested an exchange through Amazon and hopefully I'll get a latter revision.

If you never turn the backlights off you may never notice this problem.

XipHiaS    0

I have this same issue, though with a different set of keys. My serial number is SGK6020KKCL1US1162xxxxxxx, so I've requested an exchange through Amazon and hopefully I'll get a latter revision.

If you never turn the backlights off you may never notice this problem.

That's true, but i made special key / color setup for my games, so the keys that should stay dark are now red, distracting.

Packed my kb up after requesting RMA, going to deliver my parcel to the postoffice tomorrow.

WHOW, back to my MS natural keyboard pro, always thought this was comfort.... missing my MX Red's already :D OUCH!!

Edited by XipHiaS

XipHiaS    0

Got me a "new" one from the store, but it's an even older one, batch  SGK6020KKCL1US1161xxxxxx ???

Its even the last several digits where older than the one i had. Thing is brand new, but must be old stock from one of the cheapest well known sellers here in The Netherlands.

Nobody buying these KB's here? :D 

How can they still have the known bad batches? Is it a big chance that i will face the same bug again after several month's of use of red stuck LED's?

When i asked CM for an RMA they told me to contact the store for an RMA instead, so i thought they must have bean sure all stores have only good batches by now.

Did CM ever recall them from stores?

Bit worried now as you might understand. Had to update the firmware also, co's it still had the old on in it......

XipHiaS    0

After a few days of use my "new" keyboard has the same issues. Now the [Print Screen], [Up] and [Down] arrows and keypad [Del] and keypad [8], [insert] and other [Delete] stay red :( . Think it's time to exchange again....

Gaimz    0
On 11/14/2016 at 10:17 AM, knud said:

You'll need to apply for RMA to get this replaced.

I can't get an RMA since I bought mine overseas. This needs a fix. It's seriously distracting.

Sunday Morning    177
31 minutes ago, Gaimz said:

I can't get an RMA since I bought mine overseas. This needs a fix. It's seriously distracting.

where you from man ?