Sign in to follow this  
Kahobi

Cross flow fan

Hybrid-Mods    0

If i had a stacker, i'd be sure to get one.. I've read reviews on them, they help reduce temps of pretty much everything on the motherboard

Echo    0
does the cross flow fan bring any advantages to cool down componeants on mobo? well existing user comment is highly appreciated!

Yes, it draws air in from outside your case and blows it over the motherboard, and also some of the air flow runs under the motherboard, it bought my sys temps down by almost 10 C. Medium speed settings seems to work the best and is not as noisy as high speed (although high speed is not really noisy :))

PowerSlide    0

got mine too...nice..evry good especially cooling down rams. High speed or mediuam i coudnt hear anything LOL must have item for stacker user

WesleyF    0

Go to your local hardware store and buy some filter material for an air conditioner. Then do what I did, cut a peice a little longer than the holes on the side panel and tape it to the inside of the panel. Ya got filtering for the cross flow fan :D

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

be sure to streth it, u let more dust in but increase hte airflow

Phoenix1956    0

I found and use filters that are sold at Wally World ( Wal-Mart) for less then $10.00.

Go to the hardware section and look for heater vent filters, they should be white and in packs of 10 , the ones I found are 4" x 10 " long.

You can cut and adjust them, Being so cheap, I use mine for 30 days and replace'em.

Hopes this helps everyone. :D

Nitro Oxide    0

Wow I have a stacker (Greatest case in the world!) and the more I think about those crossblowers the more I want one. I definetley dont need it (my case looks like a speed demon but in reality is very outdated tech; I just want it to look fast :D ) but the thought of a 300mm crossblower is just too awesome.

Nemix77    0

Dudes your making me jelous... :(

I've got a Centurion 5, wondering if I can fit the Cross Flow Fan in it with a simple mod??? :?