Sign in to follow this  
Kahobi

Cross flow fan

Kahobi    0

While I thinking about the cross flow fan, it dawned on me. How the heck am I going to get a filter on that? It would be great to see CM build a filter for this fan. I want a filter on all intake fans *glares at the cat*, due to an abundance of fur and some dust that floats around.

[em]HEAT    0
While I thinking about the cross flow fan, it dawned on me. How the heck am I going to get a filter on that? It would be great to see CM build a filter for this fan. I want a filter on all intake fans *glares at the cat*, due to an abundance of fur and some dust that floats around.

Why not just goto the local hardware store and buy the material and make your own filter?

Hybrid-Mods    0

I Thought the Cross Flow Fan was installed besides the motherboard, if so why would you need a filter, if it's inside? If your other fans have filters then you should be good.. I'm not sure exactly how the cross flow fan is installed, but i know it's beside the motherboard.. Just figured i'd ask if the fan filter is needed?

Grump    0
I thought the cross flow drew air into the computer, dosent it?

Yes, it pulls air in from the right side (as you are facing it) and blows the air across the mobo.

Grump

Kahobi    0

Thats what I thought it did. I was starting to get confused. I guess putting a filter onto the case panel itself would be the simplest solution. Take the panel off then take the filter off that.

PowerSlide    0

dowan to start a new thread for my silly question...

does the cross flow fan bring any advantages to cool down componeants on mobo? well existing user comment is highly appreciated!