knud

[Official] MasterLiquid Maker 92 Owners Club

knud    123

Thank you! Mine is idling my FX 8350 at 19c which is pretty good actually for not having the fan pulling air directly from the outside.

That is a very impressive temp! What do you get at load?

What is your ambient temperature btw?

• Upvote 1

That is a very impressive temp! What do you get at load?

What is your ambient temperature btw?

I haven't done any testing while at load yet. The temperature of my room when I had this running was right around 60f, I keep it cool because I can't stand heat thanks to the meds I have to take. This setup is in a Rosewill Rise case and I have 3 120 fans in front, 1 120 in back, and 2 140 fans on the side panel which helps with the overall temperature.

• Upvote 1

The only problem I have with this cooler is that I had to raise the voltage to the fan in the bios in order for both the fans to work. I don't know if that is something with this particular motherboard or with AMD boards or with Intel as well but having a fan extension cable would really help so I could plug one fan into a different fan header. It would be really nice if it had a SATA connection like the pump does with a dial or slider so you can change the fan speed to the speed you like.

• Upvote 1

Daikaiju    0

M.2 SSD, right? Aren't you concerned about the heat with 2 graphics card on top of that? (That is the reason I didn't do it on my system and went with a SATA based SSD)

I'm going to give it a try, because I think the heat will be manageable.  The 2.5" SSDs don't have any active cooling and they are just a PCB inside an aluminum enclosure.  But if I'm wrong, I'll open it up and mount a cooling fan directing at it.   I'm also mounting everything in a CORE P-5 that's very open for air flow.

At least that's my madness at the moment! 

I'm going to give it a try, because I think the heat will be manageable.  The 2.5" SSDs don't have any active cooling and they are just a PCB inside an aluminum enclosure.  But if I'm wrong, I'll open it up and mount a cooling fan directing at it.   I'm also mounting everything in a CORE P-5 that's very open for air flow.

I have a Core P3 for my main gaming system and I love the case. There is a huge issue with the PCIe riser cables they use but other than that the case is amazing!

• Upvote 1

Daikaiju    0

The only problem I have with this cooler is that I had to raise the voltage to the fan in the bios in order for both the fans to work. I don't know if that is something with this particular motherboard or with AMD boards or with Intel as well but having a fan extension cable would really help so I could plug one fan into a different fan header. It would be really nice if it had a SATA connection like the pump does with a dial or slider so you can change the fan speed to the speed you like.

My ASUS board has a bios control panel where I can adjust all the MOBO fan controllers.  Is that an option with your MOBO?

I really want one of those new Samsung M.2 SSD's for when I do my next build which will be using an AM4 motherboard with a Zen CPU and a Vega GPU. I hope I don't have to wait a lot longer for it!

• Upvote 1

Daikaiju    0

I have a Core P3 for my main gaming system and I love the case. There is a huge issue with the PCIe riser cables they use but other than that the case is amazing!

Initially at least I plan to run my video cards in the traditional orientation.  I need to do this to run the radiator tubing from the hybrid cooler in an organized manner.  If that doesn't work, or if I have to consider NVMe M.2 heat issues I may try reorienting them with the riser cables too.  

My ASUS board has a bios control panel where I can adjust all the MOBO fan controllers.  Is that an option with your MOBO?

I couldn't find anything to adjust the fan setting other than the voltage. It has a program that you can use in Windows to adjust it but they have a problem with their Gigabyte App software that makes it not work with Windows 10 sometimes and I got lucky enough to have it not work of course.

• Upvote 1

Initially at least I plan to run my video cards in the traditional orientation.  I need to do this to run the radiator tubing from the hybrid cooler in an organized manner.  If that doesn't work, or if I have to consider NVMe M.2 heat issues I may try reorienting them with the riser cables too.  

I like how it shows off the GPU in that situation. I had them send me out 2 replacement riser cables and both along with the one that came with the case would randomly not let the GPU work. I bought a different one off Amazon for about $27 and it works perfectly fine. I told Thermaltake about that and they said they would forward the info about that other riser cable to the right department so hopefully they will switch the manufacturers.

• Upvote 1