Shabriandy

Mastercase Maker 5 LED Toggle Button Not Working

Shabriandy    0

Hello

I'm from Indonesia, I have just bought and received my brand new Cooler Master Maker 5. It was cool indeed and I like it very much.

However, after I installed and connected all that needed to be connected, I am currently facing with one problem with the LED toggle button on the front panel. Of which that is one of the primary reasons why I chose the Maker 5 instead of the Pro 5.

The problem I am dealing with right now is when I pressed the button, the Red LED Bar that comes with it couldn't be turned off or even switched to breathing mode. No effect occurred to  the LED bar. However, when I tried the fan speed control button, it worked perfectly. Also the USB ports worked just fine.

So please advise on which part I could do the troubleshooting. I already connected the Sata power to the controller, the fans and LED were already pre-installed to the controller. And also kindly advise on which process and when should I call for warranty claim.

Many thanks in advanced

Edited by Shabriandy

knud    128

Just to make sure: the LED strip is already on, correct?

Things to try/check

• RE-plug the data cable on the fan hub pcb (behind the motherboard)
  • Re-plug the LED strip cable
  • Check the molex and sata power connector
  • When you press the LED button, can you feel/hear the tactile feedback?

Shabriandy    0

Just to make sure: the LED strip is already on, correct?

Things to try/check

• RE-plug the data cable on the fan hub pcb (behind the motherboard)
  • Re-plug the LED strip cable
  • Check the molex and sata power connector
  • When you press the LED button, can you feel/hear the tactile feedback?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, the LED strip is already on, since the first time I turned on my PC with this case.

- I did re-plug the data cable (SW1 & SW2 according to the manual), didin't fix the problem

- I did re-plug the LED strip cable, even tried to plug it to the other 3 remaining LED ports, still nothing have changed

- I checked the molex was properly plugged in (lighting up the i/o panel LED indicator for the USB ports), the sata power also was properly plugged in since the fans that were connected to the controller and the fan controller works just fine, the red LED strip also lights up.

- Yes I could hear the clicking sound when I pressed the LED button.

Is there anything else I should try?

knud    128

It might be, that the LED button part is somehow broken; the led strip is on by default, regardless of any button press.

(And I guess it is on, no matter which LED port you try)

If you want to try... you could try to open up the I.O panel (it's being held by 2 screws in the front, after you remove the entire front panel). and see if you see anything odd there - but let me also ask some of my other colleagues for a second opinion.

Shabriandy    0

It might be, that the LED button part is somehow broken; the led strip is on by default, regardless of any button press.

(And I guess it is on, no matter which LED port you try)

If you want to try... you could try to open up the I.O panel (it's being held by 2 screws in the front, after you remove the entire front panel). and see if you see anything odd there - but let me also ask some of my other colleagues for a second opinion.

Yes, it could be that the LED button part was faulty to begin with, seeing the other functions of the I/O panel works perfectly fine (Fan speed controller and USB ports). Does opening the I/O panel will void the case warranty?

May I ask this since I'm still new to Cooler Master cases, If I were to claim the case warranty, is there any chance that I will receive a new replacement unit instead of only the I/O panel replacement? A friend told me that ordering replacement parts tends to take more time than getting a complete new replacement unit. Since my Maker 5 case is brand new and the LED button problem was there from the beginning, which makes me a bit disappointed to get a defect component for a case at this price.  (Sorry in advanced if something I said may have offended anyone, thanks)

Txaber    0

Hi, I have the same problem, the USB ports and fan speed controller are working fine. I've done all recommendations  (RE-plug the data cable on the fan hub pcb (behind the motherboard), Re-plug the LED strip cable and check the molex and sata power connector) but the LED button doesn't work.

The LED button doesn't turn on

vo6cdh.jpg

But If I press the LED button, it turn on and I can hear noise.

fyq444.jpg

What can I do? thanks

Edited by Txaber

knud    128

Yes, it could be that the LED button part was faulty to begin with, seeing the other functions of the I/O panel works perfectly fine (Fan speed controller and USB ports). Does opening the I/O panel will void the case warranty?

May I ask this since I'm still new to Cooler Master cases, If I were to claim the case warranty, is there any chance that I will receive a new replacement unit instead of only the I/O panel replacement? A friend told me that ordering replacement parts tends to take more time than getting a complete new replacement unit. Since my Maker 5 case is brand new and the LED button problem was there from the beginning, which makes me a bit disappointed to get a defect component for a case at this price.  (Sorry in advanced if something I said may have offended anyone, thanks)

Good point - that will actually void the warranty. (I'm always looking for solution that I or somebody else can fix directly by myself/himself).

As for warranty: it depends on your location - but normally they swap the case. 

Hi, I have the same problem, the USB ports and fan speed controller are working fine. I've done all recommendations  (RE-plug the data cable on the fan hub pcb (behind the motherboard), Re-plug the LED strip cable and check the molex and sata power connector) but the LED button doesn't work.

The LED button doesn't turn on

vo6cdh.jpg

But If I press the LED button, it turn on and I can hear noise.

fyq444.jpg

What can I do? thanks

Let me get in touch with our engineer team and get to the bottom of this.

If you press the button.. does it then work? (The led control function)

Txaber    0

Let me get in touch with our engineer team and get to the bottom of this.

If you press the button.. does it then work? (The led control function)

When I press the button the light turn on but it doesn't work (The led control function)

PD: the case is purchased this week, the day 10/10/2016

Edited by Txaber

knud    128

Can you both try the following:

It may be like a motherboard “grounding issue†for the PCB or similar. Please to remove the PCB from the case by removing the 2 screws that hold it in , then reboot and try using the function.

If the end result is the same, the I/O panel will need to be replaced. (The actual replacement is easy to do, as it is only held by the 2 screws mentioned above.)

Txaber    0

Can you both try the following:

It may be like a motherboard “grounding issue†for the PCB or similar. Please to remove the PCB from the case by removing the 2 screws that hold it in , then reboot and try using the function.

If the end result is the same, the I/O panel will need to be replaced. (The actual replacement is easy to do, as it is only held by the 2 screws mentioned above.)

I have already removed the PCB and still does not work