Sign in to follow this  
djcslice

Wavemaster

djcslice    0

I am considering purchasing the wavemaster case for my college computer (i will be using it for gaming, engineering work, auto cad, and general college stuff) i am wondering what the big issues are with this case. I know posts have been made about these subjects many times. I am wondering how big of an issue cooling is, and what can be done to solve it. I am wondering if it makes more sense to get the praetorian instead. I have seen posts about top mount fans and am wondering if there is a link with more info on that. your help is much appretiated.

Wacft    0

heat will not be a big deal unless you star overclocking your rig. also the wave master has the option to add a top mounted fan that you would have to purchase. and if building your system that thing will be a monster, its gonna need to be be top notch for auto cad.

ID    0

Switching out the top function panel for a fan is easy to do, and it's a good idea as well. The 80mm fan up top makes quite a difference in cooling.

merovingian    0

You using cad, this rig is fine. My temps are great and it looks awsome. Case build quality is what you really want this case for as there are knockoffs which just don't have the same paint finish on the side, build quality, etc. The best part of the build quality I find is the way that the buttons feel, solid well made, the case is a class act. I would have liked to see a 120mm rear fan but I can't complian cause my temps are fine and it's pretty quiet.

ID    0

You really don't need to bother with the front fans. The two 80mm fans push enough air to keep the case reasonably cool, and they aren't particularily loud either.

As Merovingian pointed out, the WaveMaster really is a beautiful case. You really couldn't go wrong buying one!

djcslice    0

the last question i have is, with all of the problems some people seem to have with cooling, am i better off going with the praetorian case. I know its basically the same thing as the wavemaster but seems to have superior cooling.

Karma Ghost    0

I like my Praetorian. I don't think you would notice that big of a difference, though. I went for the Praetorian cause it was a bit cheaper and simpler, but I really do like the look and feel of the Wavemaster.

I wouldn't say that the cooling will end up being too large a factor. Both have ample cooling capability. It just depends on what you like, IMO.