Sign in to follow this  
Kahobi

Interchangeable Fans (continuing from Thermaltake thread)

Karma Ghost    0

I've seen cases that can fit different size fans, but the problem I see with these cases is that it obstructs airflow when you have extra mounts for an 80mm fan when you are using a 120mm fan. And having something that slides in and on or something removable would be flimsy and create extra vibrations.

Hybrid-Mods    0

the extra vibrations are remmoved by the little rubber feet on each screw. It wouldn't be flimsy if you know what your making it out of.. a strong material.

Karma Ghost    0

Well, I was more talking about the cheaper cases I've seen with this implemented.

But you make a good point that the vibrations are eliminated by rubber and it can be made out of something like 2mm aluminum.

Considering it hasn't been done before though, I imagine that there isn't much demand for stuff like this. I mean, I'd shell out the extra $10 or so to get a low dB high CFM 120mm fan instead of a whiny 80mm fan. If the space can allow, why not?