Sign in to follow this  
Kahobi

Interchangeable Fans (continuing from Thermaltake thread)

Hybrid-Mods    0

Thanks for creating a new thread, I have no clue what size my fan is in the back of my case.. it fits.. maybe i should invest in a ruler.. I'm going to work on the sketches, just to help everyone understand.

Hybrid-Mods    0

Here is my idea .. in graphic wise.

Not the best.. but i rushed on it

cm-fan-plate.jpg

I hope this claifies everything to a further point.

Kahobi    0

That kind of adapter is already around...http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/duc-13.html

is an example, there are some that are uv reactive.

It would be cool if CM made some of them. I'd be quick to get them.

Though the best option is to get the correct fan size for it. I'd only use a adapter to fit a larger fan into a smaller mount. or if I wanted to put A 80MM fan on to a 92 mm CPU.

Or going more along the lines of your idea, put mounting holes in the right spots on the grill to mount a 80 mill fan inside the space of a 120. So no need for extra parts.

Hybrid-Mods    0

Or going more along the lines of your idea, put mounting holes in the right spots on the grill to mount a 80 mill fan inside the space of a 120. So no need for extra parts.

That is what i am exactly aiming for, I think it would be a nice thing CM could do ,they could offer some UV reative ones as well, but usually the fans take that job :D

Kahobi    0

Another alternative is if they supplied the cases with all the bloody fans it has spots for. :D

Hybrid-Mods    0

Alot of people have their own fan choices they like, I personally like coolermaster's fans, the Rifle bearings keep noise on the low. Espically compared to every other fan in my case that is using bal bearings. Quietest fan in my case is the Coolermaster 80mm RED LED fan.

Kahobi    0

True enough. Both computers i'm building are going to just have CM fans in them, though it would be nice if the stacker came with all the fans it could support....the cross flow in praticular.

And once again we have successfuly gone off topic...:P

Hybrid-Mods    0

shame on us.. I forget about the topic some times, We are still on topic.. ithas to do with fans.. with the fan changable slides things

Kahobi    0

Meh, I supose your right:P

Another cool adapter would be if CM made it so I could mount the Cross Flow Fan so it pointed out ward. If I mounted it on the side panel of the case, It would wisk heat away from the CPU, Graphic and PCI Cards nicely.