Changsik Yoon

Cooler Master Maker5 Fan & LED controller

I connected all the parts from controller, i.e. SATA power to PSU, molex connecter to PSU, USB 8-pins to motherboard.

There are three fans plugged into the controller, but all of them do not work. On the front panel, two buttons(left and right) are not lighted.

Did I plug the 8-pin connector to motherboard wrong? I don't know what causes this issue.

knud    124

The USB 8-pin has no function for the fan/led controller. (Curious, does the USB function work?)

Is the control box also connected with power? (Perhaps the cable got loose)

(they will only lit up when the control box has power)

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 5:49 AM, Changsik Yoon said:

I connected all the parts from controller, i.e. SATA power to PSU, molex connecter to PSU, USB 8-pins to motherboard.

There are three fans plugged into the controller, but all of them do not work. On the front panel, two buttons(left and right) are not lighted.

Did I plug the 8-pin connector to motherboard wrong? I don't know what causes this issue.

Hello did you solved it? Because I have the same problem.

Mohd Noh    179
On 9/28/2016 at 11:49 AM, Changsik Yoon said:

On 4/16/2017 at 5:49 PM, Martin Ondrejka said:

Hello did you solved it? Because I have the same problem.

Welcome to CM forum .

Hi Martin and Changsik , i would like suggest both of you guys to contact CM customer services . they will help to solve this issue .

To everyone here I just recently received this case and here's a little help for those still confused. The controller is wired from the start and as long as all the plugs connected are plugged in you're good there. The other thing needed is a 12 pin sata connector on the lefthand side of the controller for power. What is a 12 pin sata? The power cable for your hard drive is the same format required for this controller, if you have that plugged in as well as all the other plugs from the case connected you will be fine and power on. I did the same thing you all did so don't panic it's just a simple mistake you can miss easily