Mayura De Silva

JetFlo: Screw Type

Hello,

I've recently purchased a JetFlo 120mm fan to mount on my case - rear mount. Now that I mounted it, I can't secure the side panel completely. It touches the JetFlo's round screw head and leaves a gap between side panel and casing.

05.jpg

Can you guys let me know the type of screw it has? So I can find similar screws with a flat head and then secure the side panel.

I tried the screws came with my casing and used for other case fans, but they didn't go with JetFlo. Came across similar screws, but not sure if it has the same thread or not - M3  / M4 / M5

Thanks.

Edited by Mayura De Silva

Sunday Morning    177

Hey

Welcome to CM forum

This is first i read customer complaint about the Jetflo fans , owner over than 6 Jetflo fan i didnt have any problem with or etc ( installation ) the screw ( all can fit into my chassis ) before move to scout 2 i hv local brand ... and cheap .. i also didnt have any problem to secure the Jetflo

anyway i just share ... my story ..

can you share some picture ?

Hey

Welcome to CM forum

This is first i read customer complaint about the Jetflo fans , owner over than 6 Jetflo fan i didnt have any problem with or etc ( installation ) the screw ( all can fit into my chassis ) before move to scout 2 i hv local brand ... and cheap .. i also didnt have any problem to secure the Jetflo

anyway i just share ... my story ..

can you share some picture ?

Not a complaint about JetFlo itself. It's working fine and I can mount too. But the screws get in the way of securing side panel. I've attached a photo of it.

post-108514-0-12637400-1474950980_thumb.jpg

Sunday Morning    177

Not a complaint about JetFlo itself. It's working fine and I can mount too. But the screws get in the way of securing side panel. I've attached a photo of it.

i get now ... the screw is touching the side panel then you cant secure that  ...

please contact cooler master customer care .. they will assist you

https://account.coolermaster.com/LogOn.aspx

then create new ticket .

Hope this can help .

i get now ... the screw is touching the side panel then you cant secure that  ...

please contact cooler master customer care .. they will assist you

https://account.coolermaster.com/LogOn.aspx

then create new ticket .

Hope this can help .

Actually, I did and haven't got any response from them. Hence I tried the forum instead. :help:

VALKYRIE    11

Hi, may be you can use screws with countersunk head, be careful to choose the screws with the same threads which are already in the Jetflo mounting holes

post-7962-0-92036600-1475065839_thumb.png

Edited by Enrico Napolitano

Hi, may be you can use screws with countersunk head, be careful to choose the screws with the same threads which are already in the Jetflo mounting holes

Thanks, Enrico :) Yeah, I was looking at countersunk (flat) heads as mentioned in OP.

Finally, I've got a response from the Cooler Master Support and said it's M4 x 6mm. But this thread suggests otherwise -  http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/754517-Coolermaster-Jetflo-120-Fan-need-screws-for-it

Anyway, ordered both types and will find out the perfect type when I receive 'em.

Sunday Morning    177

Thanks, Enrico :) Yeah, I was looking at countersunk (flat) heads as mentioned in OP.

Finally, I've got a response from the Cooler Master Support and said it's M4 x 6mm. But this thread suggests otherwise -  http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/754517-Coolermaster-Jetflo-120-Fan-need-screws-for-it

Anyway, ordered both types and will find out the perfect type when I receive 'em.

Mayura ... they will reply you .... so far as i know CM customer services is Grade A .

Edited by Mohd Noh