Sign in to follow this  
limqareb

benchmarking

limqareb    0

i have an nvidia 5700 ve and it reached 10701 with 3d mark 2001 is that a good result?? :roll:

ID    0

3D Mark 2001 is very outdated, so any benchmarking tests you make on it will be a poor judge of your system's performance. Try using 3D Mark 2003 or even 2005. Then we'll see!

zerospace    0

Hehe - I still have 3DMark01... somewhere, I think I downloaded the 03 version. Of course, I don't really game, unless you count the atari emulator I downloaded to play space invaders and pitfall. :lol: :lol:

Mr. Miyagi    2

3Dmark01 is based on your whole system performance. 03 and 05 are based more on your video card's performance. nVidia cards usually don't do so well on those synthetic benchmarks, but that doesn't really matter. It only matters if it performs well in real world games. Clockgen works well, but I would still use the BIOS for overclocking.

ID    0
3Dmark01 is based on your whole system performance. 03 and 05 are based more on your video card's performance. nVidia cards usually don't do so well on those synthetic benchmarks, but that doesn't really matter. It only matters if it performs well in real world games. Clockgen works well, but I would still use the BIOS for overclocking.

Well if he wants to test his system's performance, than he'd be better off using PCMark or something similar. But what's this about NVidia not doing so well? It seems that the highest scores generated with 3DMark03 and 05 are mostly populated with NVidia cards.

Mr. Miyagi    2

But what's this about NVidia not doing so well? It seems that the highest scores generated with 3DMark03 and 05 are mostly populated with NVidia cards.

Nope, it's usually the X800XT PE or the X850 series. (except SLi) If you want a good idea, you can check here.

ID    0

But what's this about NVidia not doing so well? It seems that the highest scores generated with 3DMark03 and 05 are mostly populated with NVidia cards.

Nope, it's usually the X800XT PE or the X850 series. (except SLi) If you want a good idea, you can check here.

Interesting. And now, if you'll look at the Futuremark Hall of Fame right here, you'll see something completely different. Compare the scores if you like...

Mr. Miyagi    2

That's because they're using SLi. ;) For single cards, the ATi Xseries wins.

ID    0
That's because they're using SLi. ;) For single cards, the ATi Xseries wins.

What? Man that's not even right. :shock:

I should have noticed that the core speeds listed there were twice that of a normal 6800! The memory clock speed is rather unimpressive though, being only marginally higher.

I'll bet money that if ATI produces a single card that can compete with two of nVidia's cards in SLI, it will cause significant damage to the nVidia company. Why would anyone buy a new motherboard and two cards if they could get the same performance for one? Now THAT would be interesting...