Sign in to follow this  
Hybrid-Mods

Thermaltake does it again.. by copying CM

Grump    0
So, who actually built the RealPower 450W or the TWV 480W??? I want to know who is the real manufacturer? :shock:

I'm glad you asked -- finally. CoolerMaster has its own R&D, own engineers and own manufacturing facilities. The Real Power 450W is a Cooler Master product, through and through.

Grump

Lucy-fer    0

I'd like to have some ideas in it though (in your next PSU's)...

A separate rail for the 3 main voltages: 3,3V; 5V; 12V

And maybe the 12V line splitted to have a dedicated 12V part for graphics cards...

Some trimpots to adjust, that wattmeter and a good silent cooling.

That thing you see on some new PSU's: connectors in which you put the lines you need to feed your computer, so you have less a cable mess in your computer (you understand what I mean???)...

And, of course, 550W power (or 600W) :oops:

I know it seems exagerated, but I think it's the only, the ultimate PSU, and I would be ready to buy it, as probably some other die-hard overclockers. As it would be one of the most stable PSU's on the market... (But also one of the most expensive I guess :oops: )

Hybrid-Mods    0

I would want a PSU that has long wires, so i can hide them :D

I've seen only 2 power supplies that allow you to adjust the voltages for each rail. a OCZ one and some other one that is identical to it. That is sure a interesting feature.

The RealPower being able to display how man watts the psu is using is also great, lets you know if you have headroom or not.

Joey    0

No matter what function shall be added, to meet the newest ATX 12V standard is required. Otherwise, the system application maybe a problem. By the way, please check the specification between the TT TMV and CM real power PSU, then you will find who is follower. And who is product leader no matter when they launch their product. The PSU will say something to everyone. :)

Guest Kingfisher   
Guest Kingfisher

I hope the CM PSU will be as good as Antec NeoPower soon but a good start for CM.

Also, the Antec True Power and Enermax PSU have both same or higher value for the 12V reading

E.g. for the CM Real Power RS-450-ACLY, the 12V is 18A max; for the Antec TRUE430, the 12V is 20A and for the Enermax EG465P-VE FM (24P), the 12V is 33A.

azukre    0
I hope the CM PSU will be as good as Antec NeoPower soon but a good start for CM.

Also, the Antec True Power and Enermax PSU have both same or higher value for the 12V reading

E.g. for the CM Real Power RS-450-ACLY, the 12V is 18A max; for the Antec TRUE430, the 12V is 20A and for the Enermax EG465P-VE FM (24P), the 12V is 33A.

Are you sure the higher AMP is better?

Nycromes    0

Well I just wanted to say a few things.

1. if all the computer cooling companies release similar products, perhaps it is because the market is demanding certain things. Also companies are always taking and using ideas from other companies, just changing it enough not to get sued. The market is driving development and thats why similar products get released from multiple companies.

2. CoolerMaster is in my opinion developing products that are useful and versatile, as well as classy. TT products are useful and versatile, but they just dont look good to me. I dont like the colors they use or the way the products are put together, switching my cpu fan today cause I have had 2 TT fans break, so now my case will be all CM fans inside, yippie.

All I can say is that I really like CM products, bought a case a few years ago after seeing it in a Maximum PC article about building a multimedia pc that would look great next to your entertainment system. I had to do alot of research to figure out what the case was, as it was not explained in the article. But I finally saved up some money and bought it. Everywhere I go people are always asking me about my case, it looks good and is built solid. It says alot for CM as a company, they build great cases and wonderful products. Every chance I get to put new CM parts in my computer I do, I know they are quality.

dropper    0
I would want a PSU that has long wires, so i can hide them :D

I've seen only 2 power supplies that allow you to adjust the voltages for each rail. a OCZ one and some other one that is identical to it. That is sure a interesting feature.

The RealPower being able to display how man watts the psu is using is also great, lets you know if you have headroom or not.

My PC P&C (510 ATX-Deluxe) also has voltage adjustments, but it wasn't exacly cheap, either.

• +5V @ 40A
    +12V @ 34A, 38A pk
    -5V @ 0.3A
    -12V @ 2A
    +3.3V @ 30A
    +5VSB @ 3A
    power<510W
    peak power<650W

Keith

dropper    0
2. CoolerMaster is in my opinion developing products that are useful and versatile, as well as classy. TT products are useful and versatile, but they just dont look good to me. I dont like the colors they use or the way the products are put together, switching my cpu fan today cause I have had 2 TT fans break, so now my case will be all CM fans inside, yippie.

All I can say is that I really like CM products, bought a case a few years ago after seeing it in a Maximum PC article about building a multimedia pc that would look great next to your entertainment system. I had to do alot of research to figure out what the case was, as it was not explained in the article. But I finally saved up some money and bought it. Everywhere I go people are always asking me about my case, it looks good and is built solid. It says alot for CM as a company, they build great cases and wonderful products. Every chance I get to put new CM parts in my computer I do, I know they are quality.

I like both products. I have used TT fans for my processors for a few years now. The CM 120MM fans in the Stacker are nice, they move a good bit of air and are really quiet (sleeve bearing, I think). CM is about to release their 120MM neons, which look nice, but they don't have the speed controls that the TT Smart Fan 2's have. So, I will have a mix of products in my case.

Now, I would agree with you that the CM cases look better than the TT cases. I find them to be too flashy. Something like the Stacker is elegant and streamlined, even though it is huge. I have gotten a side panel for it, as well as the Hyper 6 (that I am hoping won't break my MB in half :P).

Having all CM stuff is fine, but make sure that the products are doing everything you want. For example, TT makes a heat pipe heatsink as well, but it is strickly passive, I like the features of the Hyper 6 more. If I was a huge TT fan, should I not have considered the CM product?

I think it's good that these companies try to out do one another, it means better products for the end user. I also think that it is important to get what you think is best for you.

Keith

Mr.-h0arst    0

I think the products from CM are a better quality as all other products from the other companys ... so the other companys try to make things the same way .

but you will ever notice the different between CM products and other products :!: