Sign in to follow this  
Hybrid-Mods

Thermaltake does it again.. by copying CM

Hybrid-Mods    0

I recently viewed the tT site to see what prodcut my friend was going to get to review. When i stumbeled across there power supply, that has the same extra feature the Real Power 450 watt

Here are links

http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?L ... er_title=0 from Coolermaster has.

http://www.thermaltake.com/purepower/tw ... twv480.htm

Maybe i'm just too much of a dedicated cm fan.. that i make stuff up? But after i saw that thermaltake copied the one case design.. i'm sure this is similar.

Hybrid-Mods    0

I think the only way thermaltake doesn't get sued or anything.. is because their wattage reader is digital.. which i find nice.. but i like the old school analog meters :D

no even sure if Coolermaster patented it though.. i would of.

Kahobi    0

I dont think this one is such a blatent rip off. Dont get me wrong, even though I am yet to buy my first CM prduct, they are one of my favorite manufactures ever (hmmm, great support forum, and great product...good combo). Maby the CM product gave them motivation or ideas for a new product, or they came up with it on their own. But I fully admit they could have hunted for a better name that would not be confuseable with the CM product.

Computer Patents are bad though, if CM started patenting every thing they thought they could I would stop buying their product (would hate doing it). Patents on computer techonlogy make it impossibe for real development to occur. If something dose not have a patent it give the world the ability to improve a design, where as patents mean only those in a company are allowed too. Patents lead to slower development.

Hybrid-Mods    0

I think Coolermaster is either "being the bigger man" or just plain out not worrying about ThermalTake.

I hear that Thermal take has no design team.. that's terrible :shock:

Kahobi    0

They have some decent ideas, but most of them come off being short of great instead of good. I have no interest in any of their products because of that. CMs products have best of most worlds, they look good, they function very well (maby not the top percentile, but close enough), and they are flexable (Stacker and Aquagate anyone). CM has nothing to worry about. Besides, CM has a better web site and a lovely forum.