Sign in to follow this  
limqareb

sleeving

zerospace    0

You don't even have to actually touch the end with the flame - I just use a Zippo lighter and hold it really close to the end - it'll melt the sleeving and keep it from fraying.

Mr. Miyagi    2

I just ordered a PSU and a sleeving kit for a friend, so I'll make a sleeving guide in a couple of days.

Hybrid-Mods    0

I Think if you know how to hide your cables properly, there is no need to sleeve. Except on the motherboard connector ofcourse.. Even then, mine is pratically hidden. But it does of course make the psu look better when you do see the cables.

ID    0
You don't even have to actually touch the end with the flame - I just use a Zippo lighter and hold it really close to the end - it'll melt the sleeving and keep it from fraying.

For sure. It's the same deal as with the shrink wrap. Hold the flame close enough, and the heat will do the rest.

zerospace    0
Curious, would the following type of sleeving be effective?

http://www.frozencpu.com/slv-48.html

I'm sure it would work -- probably not quite as effectively as a loom sleeving like techflex or the vantec stuff (for airflow, I mean). My personal opinion is if you really don't want to take on the labor of sleeving your wires, just hide them instead. I've done both, but prefer sleeving to hiding in most cases... :D

Wacft    0

i went to lowes yesterday and heatguns arent :) expensive as i thought, around 23 bucks, think ill get one for my next case build.

edit, didnt mean ":) expensive" meant "as expensive", lol.

xstax    0

you mean a hairdrier won't work.... I use a hairdryer to do my windows in the winter.... just kidding I've got triple pane windows.

Just incase that went over anyones heads... in cold climates you can buy kits for your windows where you put a sheet of plastic over the window to add an additional layer of insulation to your windows. After the plastic sheet is inplace you use a hairdryer to tighten the plastic so it's tight.