Stoyancho Georgiev

Nepton 240M pump rattling noise.

Mohd Noh    179

I bought it 3 days ago and since then i have some noise from the pump like a rattling .

Hey man

Welcome to CM forum

Try reinstall your nepton and make sure install it with correctly ... if still facing same issue .. try check your bios system .. if still like you mention .. my suggestion is try contact cooler master support services .. cause they more more expert ...  ( they will assist you )

Hope this can help

Hey man

Welcome to CM forum

Try reinstall your nepton and make sure install it with correctly ... if still facing same issue .. try check your bios system .. if still like you mention .. my suggestion is try contact cooler master support services .. cause they more more expert ...  ( they will assist you )

Hope this can help

I have the same pump, and I have the same problem.

Asked for a replacement from Amazon, but I still have the same problem with it, some high pitch noise that you REALLY can't make stop.

Already gone to BIOS and make the pump to 12V DC power (not pwm)

What do you guys suggest ?

Thank you.

dwilko    5

High pitch noise is likely major fault with the pump get it rma'd asap, my original one had a clicking to it and a odd rattle , the rattle if not constant is probably air but only if it's quiet. My replacement pump had the initial pump air bubble noise but went after a few minutes of use , mine is still performing great after a year and is not I repeat is not audiable unless I turn all the fans off , and just have the pump going.

Any issues with the product contact the retailer if within there returns period, if not contact cooler master directly as if I recall it has a 5 year warranty. You may have to pay postage fee and be without a cooler for a week or so but the turn around is normally quick.

Any issues give me a shout.

knud    124

There is one other thing you could try: See if you can set the pump to 90% (using a fan profile). This worked fine for me. (But I used an external fan controller)

If the problem still persists, you really should apply for RMA, like what Daniel suggested as well.

dwilko    5

Good shout on the pump speed some don't like the max rpm for some reason , as long as the pump is constantly on (cpu header on motherboard and fans are to the cpu option header or manual set up) and sufficient contact on the cpu even on a lower rpm the cooler will work ok , just not as low as a 100% running pump, I mean only a few degrees at mid temps idle should be about the same , only place to worry would be max temps but if you set your fans to kick in earlier it should alleviate that temp increase.

But if it's still squealing I'd rma it, slight tick from air bubble nothing to worry about and a low hum when everything else is off is normal, (case open to hear this).

Hello, and thank you for ALL your help, the problem still persists and I don't want to run it to 90% because that means it won't be running at 12VDC as QM requires...

Please tell me, What is an RMA ?

Thank you.

Edited by Samy Touzene

dwilko    5

A RMA is a Return merchandise authorisation , or along them lines , basically contact the retailer whom you brought it off, they should send you the relevant paperwork/forms normally via email to print and return the defective item, your item will have its own RMA code for the return.

The company will normally inspect/teat the item and give you a verdict.

If faulty or not working as should they normally dispatch a replacement.

If for instance the seller doesn't have any they can give a full refund minus any seller postage cost, RMA's are normally postage paid.

Or the other option is to back order the item.

I use scan computers for most of my hardware and there returns department were great so I normally purchase from them as any issues everything is covered.

Ah, that, already done one time, I had the same problem.

I called CM about that, they told me that even the new one I got may be faulty and that happens, they asked me to return it and ask for another replacement.

It should take a couple days, I'll keep you informed about it.

Thank you.