Sign in to follow this  
imoz

How much head from Aquagate pump?

imoz    0

I was told on another forum that the Aquagate pump puts out around 175gph but that how much head it gives is a better guage of its capabilities. Does anyone know the head from the Aquagate pump?

ID    0

How much head from Aquagate pump?

Did anyone else have to re-read this?? Oh man...

imoz    0

Sorry for the double entendre, and humorous though it may be ;) I really am interested simply in the perf. numbers on the Aquagate pump. I am planning to upgrade my tubing to 1/2" and implement VGA + NB cooling in addition to the CPU water block.

I would also note that there may be a market, albeit smaller, for CoolerMaster to offer an "advanced" kit or upgrade package.

I know CM will be and actually is now offering some new waterblocks for the Aquagate, but my understanding is these are designed for the 3/8" OD tube size (which I believe is really only 1/4" ID).

The Aquagate actually performs really well on my OC'd A64 3000+, much better than I expected, but it is my 6800 ultra that I am concerned about and want to maximize cooling on at this point. I am new to waterclocking and I am not necessarily sold that the Aquagate with stock tubing and pump will handle the additional waterblocks in an overclocking environment. The 175gph figure seems comparable to a number of the pumps one might buy when making a DIY kit, so I'm also not necessarily sold that the Aquate will NOT handle the additional load either. I'm just looking for more data so I can make an informed decision.

newbietocm    0

most of the people on this forum don't know the stats of the aquagate....besides what tubing is used.

and you can't even find out these numbers from the co. itself! but it is all good...

if you are gonna upgrade to 1/2id tubing and add a couple blocks....let me tell you, the aquagate is NOT meant for such things....

the pump is weak - hence the need of using low ID tubing....

aquagate = mild performance but great looks!

if you want to add and mod your wc kit , you need to go buy a diy kit!

imoz    0

Has anyone disassembled their Aquagate to determine the supplier or model number of the pump inside?

I'm thinking it might be better to replace the pump with another more powerful one.