Sign in to follow this  
SmokeyUK

Overclocking MSI MS-6579 mobo

SmokeyUK    0

I have a MS-6579 mobo and was wondering if its possible to overclock??, I have searched other forums and I cant find any thing that helps :(.

Cheers

Paul

zerospace    0

Well, to overclock you need to get into the BIOS (usually requires pressing something like "Del" or "F2" during bootup). Then you need to check in the BIOS to see if you can adjust options like the Front Side Bus (FSB) speed, core voltage of the CPU, etc. If you can, then overclocking is a possibility. :)

Hybrid-Mods    0

IF not... you can look on your motherboard for the PLL. and go to a website like clockgen or cpufsb, and overclock in windows.. Not many features, but get's it done.

ID    0

If you could post your system specs, then we might be able to help you out a bit more. What kind of RAM are you using? Processor?

Also try googling the name of your mobo with 'overclock'. You should be able to find results from other people who have overclocked using the same motherboard.

SmokeyUK    0

Well I found out from another forum and found that its not possible to overclock this board, and have just had that confirmed with a MSI clocking tool, which is'nt supported by my motherboard :(

My specs are as follows

P4 2.66ghz Northwood 20x133mhz

MSI MS-6579 Mobo

2x512mb PC2700 with pny heatsinks

Intel 845e Chipset

SB Audigy

1x 80g hard drive & 1x 40 gig hard drive

3x 80mm cooling fans

Aquagate water cooler

Jeantech 450w PSU

I have done numerous searches regarding overclocking this mobo, and theres nothing, the bios is very basic in its layout and offers no overclocking features (serves me right for buying an advent :().

I am looking at a new mobo and i think i have found the 1 :), a Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra, which has the features I want.

I have also been looking @ the ocforums, and seen 1 other person with a pf 2.66g nw has managed 4.46ghz, with temps 48c idle and 60c loaded, and he's gone further with water cooling, which makes me think how far can i stretch my processor :shock: .

I dont think there is any point looking to see if its possible to oc my current mobo :(