Sign in to follow this  
RavingNun

List of Motherboards

RavingNun    0

Is there list of motherboards that the CM Stacker supports, because i dont think i can fit mine in, maybe with a bit of modding, but first is there a list?

zerospace    0

I think the only motherboard compatibility issues are with dual Xeon boards (specifically Nocona). See the FAQ on the stacker here.

RavingNun    0

well nvm the dell motherboard i had didnt fit in, it wasnt standard, even the LGA775 socket wasnt standard the screw holes were in diffrent places. well i decided that iam going to buy a new motherboard tommorow though..

zerospace    0
well nvm the dell motherboard i had didnt fit in, it wasnt standard, even the LGA775 socket wasnt standard the screw holes were in diffrent places. well i decided that iam going to buy a new motherboard tommorow though..

Not surprising... Dell stuff is notoriously proprietary (though not as bad as the old Packard Bells) - but I think they use Intel boards manufactured specifically for them. :shock:

Spamin8r    0

OH YEAH!!! I think I know the exact board you are talking about! Did it come out of a presision? Is the IO panel in the middle of the board? I've seen those @ work. If so good luck putting that in ANY case! You either need the dell case or mount that puppy on some lexan and run open air...

merovingian    0

Theoretically, you should be able to run a conversion as the screws simply ground the mobo. If you had to, I bet you could solder the board to grounded wires. I'd do some research first but I would bet.

Spamin8r    0

NO. This board is NOT standard. It is a dell proprietary form factor. thus will NOT fit in a standard atx case. It is not just the screw placement that is different but the whole geometry of the board. It looks more like this:

| |

| |

| |

| |

[] |

[] <-IO panel |

[] |

| |

| |

| |

| |

| |

| |

|_______________|

It is a non-standard board and will need a super big case (like stacker) and you will have to hack up the insides to get it to fit properly and will have to cut the IO panel up too. It's not worth it dude. Run open air on a sheet of lexan, build a custom case, or ditch the board. ...or sell it to a dummy... :wink: