Sign in to follow this  
mgeo832

Cooldrive 4: how things work, defective?

mgeo832    0

Dear Reader,

Questions about how things work and if the unit is defective.

1. I am awakened at 2am by the unit's alarm which goes off as the computer is awakened from SUSPEND in order to do a scheduled backup.

Can the alarm be programmed to not go off under these circumstances?

2. I prefer temp readings in F. The unit will not hold its setting and reverts to C each time the machine is restarted from shutdown. How to get it to hold my preference. Does this mean the unit is defective?

3. Channel #1 controls a case fan. The LED display reports 0 RPM. The fan is in fact running. Two different *NEW* fans have been put in place with the same result. The fans are 3-wire, the cable is 3 wire. Does this mean the unit is defective?

4. I have a second HDD with its own 4 pin cooler, power drawn from the power supply harnes. The temp lead from Cooldrive 4's channel #2 is attached to this HDD, the power lead for this channel is left empty at Cd4's circuit board - the cable is not attached. Will this arrangment (temp lead attached, power lead not attached) cause problems?

Thanks,

Michael

Hello Michael,

1) By pressing the middle dial button it should stop beeping.

2) No you could not set it to F it will always revert back to Celcius. The new updated version Aerogate II+ will come with this feature.

3) Yes your unit might be defective.

4) All temp sensor must be attached or else it will sound alarm and won't function properly.

mgeo832    0

bigbadbns, appreciate your reply.

>>>I am awakened at 2am by the unit's alarm which goes off as the computer is awakened from SUSPEND in order to do a scheduled backup.

Can the alarm be programmed to not go off under these circumstances?<<<

>>> By pressing the middle dial button it should stop beeping. <<<

In order that I am not required to awaken and go to the computer to turn off the alarm is it possible to disable the alarm?

To be sure I understand correctly; it does not matter if one or more of the power cables is not connected to the CD4 controller board but all of the temp cables must be connected to the board or problems will occur. Do I have it right?