Sign in to follow this  
orion23

Centurion 5 Front 120mm fan?

SSNocc    0

haha thats the way to di it, btw where's your 3.25 psu panel? where are you going to put it? i was thinking to mount it somehow on the side window panel? haha

Lov2Drift    0

are you talking about that wattmeter they give you? i tried sticking it on the front but it wouldnt hold in the space. i think the unit is just not deep enough to be held in that hole.

i still have another mod on my mind that i want to do to this case before i'll be happpy with the cooling. i want to put a blow hole in, but i read on a website that if you have an intake and a exhaust fan too close together it could negate the cooling effects. i'll have to do more research into that but hopefully it'll be ok.

oh yeah, i had to take the fan off today. not because i didn't like it. i was trying to move some power wires away from some of the caps on the mother board and my finger accidentally touched the cpu fan on my heatsink. it cracked one of the blades so now the whole fan is out of balance and makes a horrible noise when it's running. oh well, i'm going to have to buy another fan...maybe two...i want to get as much air flowing in and out of the case before summer hits here. i'm expecting 117+ temperatures where i live.

i've been thinking about putting in one of those window mount a/c units just for my computer room so it can stay nice and cool in the summer. that way i dont have to run up my electricity bill so much. oh well, we'll see how it pans out.

orion23    0

Hi,

Thank you both for suggesting a possible way to install the 120mm fan in the front of the case.

I followed your examples and I'm quite happy with the results!

I'll post pictures as soon as I have a chance.

PS: Any of you guys have been able to get rid of that stupid Centurion logo from the side window? No luck here. I guess I'll buy some plexiglass and make my own!

Lov2Drift    0

i'm glad youre happy with the results. i should get my new fans in on monday or tuesday. i'm thinking about cutting some of the metal that is blocking the upper third of the fan so the whole fan will be exposed. but i need the right tools to do so. we'll see what happens.