Sign in to follow this  
orion23

Centurion 5 Front 120mm fan?

orion23    0

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way of installing a 120mm fan in the front part of the centurion 5 case? I don't want to use the 80mm and would like to use a 120mm instead right under the first 2 cd rom bays. Can it be done?

TIA!

Mr. Miyagi    2

After looking at it, you will have to perform some serious cuts. The 80mm fan is in the 3.5" bay area so you're going to have to cut the sides off (causing you to lose some bays) and install one.

orion23    0

I don't intend to install the 120mm where the 80mm is. I want it where the 5.25 bays are. I'm using the first 2 right now and would like to fit the 120mm right under those.

Thanks!

Mr. Miyagi    2

Ah, yeah you could do that. If you wanted to, you could even get the 4-3 device and use it in the C5. Maybe use nylon and tie the fan in the bays.

Lov2Drift    0

i was bored this morning, so i decided to do this. I took the rear exhaust fan out and put it on the backside of the metal plates for the 5.25 bays. i got the two upper screws in, but the bottom plates don't line up with the screw holes real well. I'm going to have to zip tie it so it won't vibrate when it runs. I've already ordered another fan for the rear. I still haven't gotten it running yet because i'm waiting for a new cpu cooler and trying to locate a decent priced copy of windows xp. hopefully soon it'll come to life

SSNocc    0

They do, i took off my 3rd optical drive and put the stock 12cm fan in there. The holes do match but you got to be a bit careful. I'd suggest to get a high performance 8mm fan instead of the 12cm cus its too big and you use 3 bays.

orion23    0

How did you get it to fit?

I also trid fitting the rear 120mm fan in the front part of the case, right under the first 2 5.25 bays and only 2 out of the 4 holes line up.

I really want to install a 120mm because the 80mm stock and even the CM blue LED 80mm I installed afterwards are just too loud for my taste.

Mr. Miyagi    2

Yes, I also noticed it was the loudest fan in the case (even with the blue LED fan). I think if you take a hole saw and cut the fan grill and use some absorbers, it would be a lot quieter.

SSNocc    0

you need to remove the 3rd and 4th 5.25 baygrills, because like you said only 2 holes line up so i used those and mounted the fan on the 5th 5.25 fan grill, you dont need the other 2 for the top holes, i could post some pics but i dont feel like dismounting everything. Just play around and im sure you'd make them fit.