Sign in to follow this  
sharkdaddy

Wavemaster Front Fan Install ?

sharkdaddy    0

Does anyone have and pic's or a detailed description on how to install new front fans on the Wavemaster case ?

I really want to install some blue led Coolermaster fans for some extra lighting since i have a window on my pc with no neon tubes.

This info would help me out alot because i dont want scratch up my case trying to install fans.

Thx everyone !

Brok3n    0

Im pretty certain all you need to do is remove the two screws from the bottom of the case and two top hexagonal screws and then simply slide the bottom piece off to have access but I'm not sure as I haven't changed the stock fans before.

Booradley    0
Im pretty certain all you need to do is remove the two screws from the bottom of the case and two top hexagonal screws and then simply slide the bottom piece off to have access but I'm not sure as I haven't changed the stock fans before.

You alomst have it right :)

Read my instruction on this post to open up the fron part of the case and change your fans.

http://www.coolermaster.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=187

Grump    0

Yes, Booradley gave some excellent instructions on how to remove the front lower panel of the WaveMaster. Here are a couple of pictures of my case during the dismantling phase. As Booradley points out, you do not need to remove all of the screws that hold the front panel on. You can remove only those that will allow the panel to swing open like a door.

gc033.jpg

gc034.jpg

The drive bay needs to be vacant when removing the fans. Hard drives will be in the way.

Grump

Brok3n    0

question: what tool will remove the hexagonal screw

edit: found a hexagonal screw attachment in my tool box, yes I am retarded ;)

ShaShou    0

I also have a Wavemaster and want to put a second hard drive in it. But I'm lazy and don't want to pull the whole mobo. Would it just be easier to remove the front and install it from there? However, kinda looks like there is a lip that would prevent that. Any thoughts, or am I stuck doing it the hard way?

bth    0

Why would you need to pull the mobo for installing a hard drive? Is there not enough room to slip it in there from the side? I guess it's possible (I'd need to look at mine) but I thought there was plenty of room.

If you have that many drives such that you cannot slide in from the side, there's no way it would fit. Another way would be to remove the screws from the other drive, push 'em up to the top of the compartment to give you more wiggle room to slide one in, then rescrew.

Brian

Karma Ghost    0
I also have a Wavemaster and want to put a second hard drive in it. But I'm lazy and don't want to pull the whole mobo. Would it just be easier to remove the front and install it from there? However, kinda looks like there is a lip that would prevent that. Any thoughts, or am I stuck doing it the hard way?

What you could do is slide it in vertically and then turn it so it screws back into place. This would entail taking off fans first..... I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get the fans back in after that.

Grump    0

If you want to add drives to either upper or lower drive cages, there is no reason to remove the motherboard. Simply slide the motherboard tray out enough to gain easy access to the rear of the drive cages. Slip the drive in, fasten it securely and put everything back together.

Grump

Karma Ghost    0
If you want to add drives to either upper or lower drive cages, there is no reason to remove the motherboard. Simply slide the motherboard tray out enough to gain easy access to the rear of the drive cages. Slip the drive in, fasten it securely and put everything back together.

Grump

I was just thinking that he may have some really long motherboard or a long video card (wild cat series anyone?) that requires to slide the motherboard out a lot in order to get a hard drive in there...

Of course, I'm not sure on the dimensions of a wildcat and whether or not it would actually... fit inside the wavemaster.... :lol: