Fabrix

Neptun 280L pump problem

Fabrix    0

Basically about a month ago for the first time at a power on the pump didn't start running, fans went 100% with cpu hitting 95c in idle. I quickly turned the pc off, waited 2 mins , restarted and it worked as it should. I usally leave the pc on, always, so 2 weeks ago when i powered it off, it did it again on restart, no pump, a few power off and power on fixed it again. Yesterday happened again and i couldn't revive it after many on off of the pc. Then i switched the pump and fans connectors and on restart the pump is working again. I'm afraid to turn off my pc and that the pump won't start again. 

Mohd Noh    179

Basically about a month ago for the first time at a power on the pump didn't start running, fans went 100% with cpu hitting 95c in idle. I quickly turned the pc off, waited 2 mins , restarted and it worked as it should. I usally leave the pc on, always, so 2 weeks ago when i powered it off, it did it again on restart, no pump, a few power off and power on fixed it again. Yesterday happened again and i couldn't revive it after many on off of the pc. Then i switched the pump and fans connectors and on restart the pump is working again. I'm afraid to turn off my pc and that the pump won't start again. 

Hey 

Welcome to CM forum 

My suggestion try reinstall  .... try clean up you nepton .. and see how the result ...

if still facing same issue >>>> RMa that unit .

before that . pls check this link

http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-determine-if-the-pump-is-functioning-on-your-liquid-cooler/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/Liquid-Cooling-Where-do-I-connect-the-Fans-and-Pump/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Any detail you can contact cooler master support service .

Hope this can help .

knud    124

How did you connect the pump power cable?

If not already done, set the speed to 100% (in bios)

Fabrix    0

Hey 

Welcome to CM forum 

My suggestion try reinstall  .... try clean up you nepton .. and see how the result ...

if still facing same issue >>>> RMa that unit .

before that . pls check this link

http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-determine-if-the-pump-is-functioning-on-your-liquid-cooler/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/Liquid-Cooling-Where-do-I-connect-the-Fans-and-Pump/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Any detail you can contact cooler master support service .

Hope this can help .

thx for answering, the rad is clean, the fans also. Tomorrow i'll switch the pump on chassis 1 or sys 1 instead of cpu 1 or 2 where it has been.

How did you connect the pump power cable?

If not already done, set the speed to 100% (in bios)

on the mobo with the 4 pin connector provided, on cpu1, the fans on the Y connector, then on cpu2. All for 1+ yeah and no problem, 4690k on 4.6, 4.4 now on summer, Tamb of 32,  37 38 37 38 idle. After 4h of arma 3  66,68,64,65.  When it works it's a beast, thing is last night i turned off the pc and this morning on restart it did it again, 0 rpm on pump with temps of 75 on all cores on idle, fans to take off position, a few restarts and the pump started again. I'll move the pin on a chassis or system pin header on the mobo as last. I very doubt it's my mobo or power supply, msi gaming 7, old but good tx650.  hd6950@70 as video card, 1 ssd 256gb 840pro, i hd 500gb wd blue.

6958-6994, those are the pump rpms when it works, always to the max of course.

Edited by Fab

Mohd Noh    179

thx for answering, the rad is clean, the fans also. Tomorrow i'll switch the pump on chassis 1 or sys 1 instead of cpu 1 or 2 where it has been.

on the mobo with the 4 pin connector provided, on cpu1, the fans on the Y connector, then on cpu2. All for 1+ yeah and no problem, 4690k on 4.6, 4.4 now on summer, Tamb of 32,  37 38 37 38 idle. After 4h of arma 3  66,68,64,65.  When it works it's a beast, thing is last night i turned off the pc and this morning on restart it did it again, 0 rpm on pump with temps of 75 on all cores on idle, fans to take off position, a few restarts and the pump started again. I'll move the pin on a chassis or system pin header on the mobo as last. I very doubt it's my mobo or power supply, msi gaming 7, old but good tx650.  hd6950@70 as video card, 1 ssd 256gb 840pro, i hd 500gb wd blue.

6958-6994, those are the pump rpms when it works, always to the max of course.

Before this you system running without fail right.. .now as you mention

and as i mention too probably your system have problem ( Nepton ) but before that try take out the nepton and put back the original fan .. and see how the result if the original fan running without any fail meant the Nepton have problem .

Any detail pls contct cooler master support services , they will assist you :)

Fabrix    0

Before this you system running without fail right.. .now as you mention

and as i mention too probably your system have problem ( Nepton ) but before that try take out the nepton and put back the original fan .. and see how the result if the original fan running without any fail meant the Nepton have problem .

Any detail pls contct cooler master support services , they will assist you :)

I never changed the fans, what i changed was where the connectors were plugged in. As of 3 days the pump has started with no problem with every computer restart, so i have to keep it till it fails again i guess.

Mohd Noh    179

I never changed the fans, what i changed was where the connectors were plugged in. As of 3 days the pump has started with no problem with every computer restart, so i have to keep it till it fails again i guess.

Nice ....we glad you system running now ... :)

knud    124

Just for future reference: You connected the pump to the SYS header now?

Fabrix    0

Yes, sysfan1 on a msi gaming 7. b4 it was on cpufan1 or 2. But for 1year and 7 months never a hiccup. The pumps rpm range is exactly the same whether on cpufan1 or 2 or sysfan

6958-6994, sometimes on restart it gets to 7004. Rpms are fine. It does have a gurgling sound (air bubbles). 5 days on power off and on and the pump is working fine ( b4 i was powering off and on every 1 or weeks). Fans always saved my butt on those unpleasant moments . I'll come back if anything goes wrong again .

Edited by Fab

Fabrix    0
Posted (edited)

Sorry to revive this thread but i think the pump has finally died now. It restarts every 20 or so power cycle and the noise is horrible. Same thing when connected straight to psu. I opened an official ticket, i will let you all know. (

Edited by Fabrix