Sign in to follow this  
Booradley

Mirror for Wavemaster (Updated Pics)

Booradley    0

Hey guys and gals

I would like the put a mirror on the bottom of my Wavemaster to help hide some wires and give it a new look. The mirror would only have to go from the back of the case to the hard drive wrack. The problem is, I'm not sure how to measure it because there is a protruding roundish piece (poor discription) in the back left corner. If you have a Wavemaster, have a look and you'll see what I'm talking about. Any ideas on how to measure this or better yet, is there a schematic or template for this case?

Thanks for any info

Boo

Grump    0

That is the corner support for the motherboard tray. The measurement you should use for the width of the mirror is 5 1/2". The length is 11 3/8". This will allow enough room for the motherboard and the tabs on the side panel to fit over the bottom panel.

Cut a piece of stiff paper stock to this size and slip it under the support and allow for the space for mobo and clips. Trace the corner support shape on the paper. Take the template to a glazier (most glass shops) to have it cut and the edges polished (no cut fingers allowed). That corner will make it too hard for most people to cut themselves.

If you ask them for the black sticky stuff they put around auto glass, you can mount the mirror about 1/8" off the bottom -- or more to hide wires under it. It will be very easy to take out and put back. Then you can use the sticky stuff to get wires up into the cracks and crevices of the case to hide them too -- that's what I do.

Grump

Booradley    0
That is the corner support for the motherboard tray. The measurement you should use for the width of the mirror is 5 1/2". The length is 11 3/8". This will allow enough room for the motherboard and the tabs on the side panel to fit over the bottom panel.

Cut a piece of stiff paper stock to this size and slip it under the support and allow for the space for mobo and clips. Trace the corner support shape on the paper. Take the template to a glazier (most glass shops) to have it cut and the edges polished (no cut fingers allowed). That corner will make it too hard for most people to cut themselves.

If you ask them for the black sticky stuff they put around auto glass, you can mount the mirror about 1/8" off the bottom -- or more to hide wires under it. It will be very easy to take out and put back. Then you can use the sticky stuff to get wires up into the cracks and crevices of the case to hide them too -- that's what I do.

Grump

WOW, That's great info. I'll post the finish product next week.

Thanks a bunch Grump.

[em]HEAT    0

Already done it. I implimented the idea on my wavemaster months ago. You can see pics of it in the "Show your setup" thread.

Booradley    0

K here it is :)

mirror.jpg

feet.jpg

I added some feet for some extra clearance.

Applique.jpg

I added a CoolerMaster appliqie to the mirror to jazz it up a bit :)

All%20done.jpg

That's it. :)

Big thanks again to Grump for the measurements

Booradley    0

Thanks

I got the aplique from the place I buy all my gear...Bigfoot Computers in Toronto. They have a ton of different ones to choose from and they also do custom ones as well.