suman

Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO Cooler- Adding 2nd 92 mm optional Fan OR buy new liquid Cooler (Budget)

suman    0

Hi All great guys,

I am new joinee. Can anyone purely help me in technical terms understanding/ suggesting me with my below conditions ?

My Rig:

CPU AMD FX 8350 eight core

Corsair DDR 3 32 GB Ram

Asus ME 97 2.0 MOBO

Asus Strix 7370 Redeon GPU

Circle cc 830 Gaming Cabinet

Corsair v 550 PSU

creative 7.1 sound card and system

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo

My concern: MY room temperature ideally remains b/w 18 to 32 Max Degree. Now CPU ideal temperature remains 18-21 degree but when I play games(CF3/BF4/Assasin creed/Crysis in H graphichs) temp spikes to 60-68 degree and there's where problem comes. As I don't have immediate plan to buy liquid cooler as I am concern of leakage and spill with not so great feedback reviews as compared to my existing CPU cooler Master. This makes me hard to abandon this cooler and invest on new. so I am trying to understand and request you to help me:

1: There is additional 92 mm Fan optional to mount on this heat sink. I didn't get additional bracket in the box when i bought it. where I can find it online? Will that be of manageable and provides me better heat efficiency effect while playing game?

2: I am on budget diet now, can I replace it with if above additional 92mm CPU cooler does not work

A. 

Deepcool Gamer Storm Maelstrom 120T AIO Cooler

B. 

Cooler Master Seidon 120 V Plus Cooler

c.

Corsair H60 Cooler

D.

Corsair H80 Cooler

OR anything else which falls in this above range.

Edited by suman

Sunday Morning    177

Hey

Welcome to CM forum.

Owner seidon 120v plus since feb this years ... im happy with my system cooling 

AMD FX 8350 is hotting Cpu ..and i would like suggest you to get Nepton 120xl .

Hope this can help you

Krnt    1

You should have gone for a 212 at least from the beginning,

In my case I tried a  212X that I had around, and it wasn't enough for me, I bought a 612 and used the 212X fan and I'm a happy man.

I even overclocked it to 4.7, but that is my limit, I'm sure it can hit 5Ghz with a better cooler.

If you don't plan on overclocking I strongly recommend the 612, I like it a lot, its quite big but it doesn't seem to be taller than the 212 making it perfect for my elite 335.

knud    128

Hi There, 

Like what Krnt says, if you have the budget, go for the Hyper 212 Evo/X/LED (Small version differences, also depending on your location).

The Hyper TX3 is compatible with your CPU, but the temp will be higher, as the cooler is a bit small.

Adding a 2nd fan will have a small impact, perhaps 1~3c maximum.

What thermal grease are you using?