Sign in to follow this  
CooL Blooded

MSI K8N Neo2 chipset cooling suggestions?

I just installed my new motherboard and can not use my DD waterblock as the video cards in the way, is the stock cooler ok for overclocking? Or is there something better thats low profile?

Mr. Miyagi    2

Yeah, its also a problem with the Neo-Plat. The stock cooling should be fine. My AMD 3000+ is at 2.5. If you're worried about it, I would lap and apply some AS5. That should be good enough.

Yeah, its also a problem with the Neo-Plat. The stock cooling should be fine. My AMD 3000+ is at 2.5. If you're worried about it, I would lap and apply some AS5. That should be good enough.

I agree.

thanks, that should be an improvement in my watercooling anyway, Im running the vid card on water right now, waiting for a TDX waterblock, wont be available here till the end of the month.

Mr. Miyagi    2

Also, from what I heard, watercooling your NB chipset on the A64 platform is not needed as much as the P4.

Just found this at performance pc

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ ... 7a3507e31c

with a link to coolermaster Europe

http://www.coolermaster-europe.com/eng/ ... s41-u1.asp I could not find it on the coolermaster global site, anyone tried this? the thermal tape sucks, but Id use some AS epoxy if it would fit and if it's better than stock

Wacft    0

looks like a nice nb hsf, i do remember a thread around this place about that hsf, try doing a search on it, you might find the info you want.

Tieros    0

I have the same mobo with a 6800GT video card. I have DD blocks on the video card, CPU, and chipset. It's a tight fit, but doable.

Which video card do you have, and is it watercooled?

I have a BFG gt 6800, with a Swiftech MCW50 and 6800 adapter, and Tweakmonster ramsinks, I still have to order a TDX waterblock, been waiting for them to arrive at bigfoot computers, so far their 2 weeks late, still waiting. I also have a 120 black ice extreme rad, and hydor L-30. Right now I'm just water cooling the vid card.

Tieros    0

We seem to have a lot of the same parts :D

I'm using the DD 6800 block, which is huge, but does an amazing job of cooling. I have the same GPU, the BFG 6800 GT, and it's perma-clocked to 440/1.1 in 2D and 3D mode, and the block stays cool to the touch.

I also have the black CM Stacker case. I flipped the bottom grill to the outside and mounted a dual 120 black ice rad to the bottom. I have a 12V DD pump, a dual bay DD acrylic res, and DD blocks for CPU, GPU, and northbridge. Everything in it is either DD or Coolermaster :D

I'll post a link to a couple of pics in a few minutes...

What I'd love is versions of the CoolDrive 6 and CoolDrive 6 lite with waterblocks.

What I'd REALLY love is a CM silent 12V pump designed to fit in a 5 1/4" drive bay with a small built-in res with feed/bleed hole, with a speed control/display front panel. Pleeeeeeeease :)