BoulderJ

Maker 5 Front Panel & Fan Issues

BoulderJ    0

I've just completed a new build with a Maker 5 case and am having a few issues with the front panel.  I also have a question about fan control.

The only LEDs that are lit are power and fan (I assume the "gear" shaped LED on the left end is power).  The HDD activity LED jumper is plugged into the MB, but the LED does not light during activity.  None of the USB port LEDs are lit, although the ports are working.

What can you suggest as a possible problem with the LEDs?

I am using the LED/fan control unit that came with the Maker 5.  It works, but I'm not sure how this interacts with the L/H fan speed button on the front panel.  Is there any doc on this LED/fan control unit?

This is a great case.  Id just like to get these few issues sorted out.

Thanks for any assistance,

Emon Khan    1

On the fan hub there is a sata connector, you have to connect that hub to the sata power then everything will light up/work properly. 

BoulderJ    0

I did find the problem with power to the front panel LEDs on my Maker 5 case.  The 4-pin connector which provides power to the front panel was wired incorrectly.  It was using the 5v pin instead of the 12v pin of the standard 4-pin peripheral power connector.  Once this was fixed, I have all 4 USB ports, the fan control and the LED control all lighted.

The remaining problem I have is with the HDD activity LED.  I can't see where this LED is on the front panel.  To verify that the HDD activity signal was working from my MB, I connected the the PWR LED leads from the panel to the HDD LED pins on the MB.  Now my front panel power button LED flashes when the HDD is active.

The question is: Where is the HDD activity LED on the front panel? 

The other unanswered question from my original post:  How does the fan speed L/H switch on the panel work with the LED/fan control box?  I assumed the control box changes fan speed automatically based on temp?  Perhaps not.  Does anyone know where I can find some documentation on the LED/fan control box?

Thanks

BoulderJ    0

After dismantling the front panel, I have determined that the Maker 5 does not have a separate HDD activity LED.  Instead, the power button LED flashes when there is HDD activity.  In other words, the power LED on the front panel is dual-purpose - power and HDD.

Emon Khan    1

After dismantling the front panel, I have determined that the Maker 5 does not have a separate HDD activity LED.  Instead, the power button LED flashes when there is HDD activity.  In other words, the power LED on the front panel is dual-purpose - power and HDD.

I see, if thats the case then I think this was a bad design choice...or the engineering team totally forgot about this...HDD activity LED should always be separate in my opinion.

About your other question I think Cooler Master failed to add that on the instruction manual the case came with...really poor manual I have to say.

Edited by Emon Khan