Sign in to follow this  
xstax

How many Watts would you need for a Stacker 830???

How many Watts would you need for a Stacker 830???  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many Watts would you need for a Stacker 830???

• 1400 - No way gotta keep my Stacker.
    • 1200 - using the 830 means dumping half my shit
    • 1000 - I need 2 PSUs or I gotta downgrade.
    • 800 - I might get away with using a 700 Watt PSU.
    • 600 or lower. Single PSU fine for me.

xstax    0

I'm going to start at a high end of 1400 (ie two 700watt PSUs) and end at 600. Vote for the wattage nearest your needs. And add comments for your specific situation.

Karma Ghost    0

Anything above 600W IMO is too much. I'm gonna pick up a RP 550W and probably hold onto that for a while.

But if you ever actually calculate how much power you use... you'd realize that most setups will not exceed 500W.

ID    0

The reason why I was pinning for two PSU racks was because I wanted to use one of my old, low-wattage PSU's to power all the fans and the lighting in the case. My Enermax 470W PSU would power everything else.

You have to remember one thing when using dual PSU in the stacker, if your PC components do not use enough power from your slave PSU, then it will shut off after 5 seconds it starts. This case happens a lot to people using two Real Power 450Ws with the Stacker.

220VX    0

A lot of 500W power supplies now do have problems supplying a high end SLI configuration (it appears a lot of SLI demo systems out there are only powering one or two hard drives). With ATI and NVIDIA both upping their future graphics card power consumption, it is only going to get worse. Also, getting two ~500W power supplies would be cheaper than getting a single 700W+

just my 2cents

ninuhadida    0

i have a 480w cheap psu, which i should be changing soon, but i can't seem to find the right one here. i want a rp450w but i still can't find from here. the only thing i don't like with the rp is that i will have to use the 24-20pin adapter, and there is too much 4 pin molex's. i only use the 20pin, the 4pin standby thing for the mobo, 2x4pin molex - cd and muskeeter2 and a sata connector :D