Sign in to follow this  
Twigathy

Winamp now playing / Cooldrive 6

Twigathy    0

Thank you, but first we need to get access to the source code of the original software to see exactly how it communicates. Perhaps a petition is in order here?

mak45    0
Thank you, but first we need to get access to the source code of the original software to see exactly how it communicates. Perhaps a petition is in order here?

try this, make a copy of the main program or other files that complete the whole system, then, change the files extesions into txt files and read them top to bottom

Guest SpaceCowboy   
Guest SpaceCowboy

i hate to shamelessly bump this..

But id like to see this done, dont think im the only one, and with the amount of work Twigathy's put in ;) i dont mind being the shameless bumper.

ID    0

I was just thinking about this the other night. If I could control winamp or the like through Cooldrive 6, I'd snap one up in a second.

rle    0

It's a great idé, i really hope you figure out a way to bypass this problem 8)

Twigathy    0

any news at all? Moderators? Cool linux dude who was going after the source code? Even the controller used to....uh.....control the LCD would do. LCDSmartie crashes the cooldrive when I try and send messages to it....please help! :)

Yikes, big thread res! ;)

Patego    0

I really hate cooldrive's software, so here is another soul wondering how this hardware works so i can develop my own software...

Enigmachine    0

Hello everyone!

While I was shopping around and reading reviews on the CD6, I too dreamed of displaying messages on that cool LCD screen... Until I installed the software. Augh! No direct LCD control?! But this feature would be worth so much money!! What's a guy to do???

Simply This:

1) Get the CoolDisplay.exe executable from my web site (maybe there's a way to attach files here but I'm a complete newbie on this forum :) at

http://www.enigmachine.com/software/public/CoolDisplay.exe

2) Save it / copy it to the folder where you've installed your CoolDrive6 software (c:\program files\coolmaster\cooldrive6 on my machine)

3) You can then use it from a console or batch file with the following format:

CoolDisplay PortID "Your cool message"

where PortID is the bus port for the cooldrive you want to use.

ex: CoolDisplay 3 "1534 unread emails"

Your cooldrive has to have its idle message pre-enabled for this to work of course.

There are no validations done (on the port id, or the message length) so you could probably break something, but it works fine for me, feel free to experiment! I had to cold boot my machine once during development but otherwise it looks ok. It's the first time I use this platform so be kind. :)

Hope you enjoy it!

Enigmachine    0

Hey everybody! I thought you might like to know I updated the CoolDisplay 6 software during the holidays. You still can't display the "now playing" from Winamp, but now it automatically controls fan speeds based on the probe temperatures.

Just hop on to the forum on my web site at http://www.enigmachine.com to download it.

DON'T USE IT TO CONTROL YOUR CPU FAN! I'm not responsible if the software crashes and your CPU burns up!

I might get around to doing the Winamp thing (and an actual UI) if I get enough feedback/requests... :D