Sign in to follow this  
Twigathy

Winamp now playing / Cooldrive 6

Twigathy    0

After a little reasearch and passing the Inputs and Outputs of the cooldrive through a nifty little app i found flying around on the net, I can now tell you all that:

5682 IRP_MJ_WRITE UP STATUS_SUCCESS A0 20 20 34 36 20 20 20 20 20 30 31 38 20 20 20 20 20 30 30 30 49 43 54 48 49 53 20 49 53 20 41 20 54 45 53 54 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 9F 93 FE 46 018 000ICTHIS IS A TEST Ÿ“þ

If any CoolerMaster Engineers would care to help me out here, how the cooldrive signals to change the message (and what the heck the 46 018 000IC before my message, and Ÿ“þ after mean...) then I'd really appreciate it :)

Argh, it looks like in the cooldrive application itself there is a limit of 26 letters. This is bad as it means tracks with huge :) names would either:

-Need to be given enough time to scroll and then cycle onto a different statistic

-Calculate how long it takes for the LCD dispaly to scroll across and then work out when to switch the idle data for some more data

I had a look into communicating with the serial port using Visual Basic, and the MSComm control appears to do what I want. All I'm waiting on now is a few more details about how exactly the data is sent to the cooldrive.

Data Written (ASCII)

148 020 000ICJustASimpleTest Ÿ»þ

21 021 000ICMessage Change Ÿüþ

81 021 000ICAnother Change In The Mess Ÿ^þ

45 022 000ICBelll Enddd Ÿ"þ

10 022 000ICSample Message Ÿ.þ

16 022 000ICMessage Change Ÿ.þ

More data I just collected. I figured out some simple rules governing how messages are sent, but cant figure the first set of numbers, the second set of numbers or the one-before-last symbol. At a best guess, its some kind of hash (no, not that kind ;)) or just a random ID number.

Format of Data Written (ASCII)

2 Spaces

Number (Unknown Origin)

5 Spaces

Number (Unknown Origin)

5 Spaces

000IC

Spaces to make up remains of message + 1 space

Ÿ

SomeOtherSymbol (Unknown Origin)

þ

Well, I managed to send data to the cooldrive using a similar structure to that outlined above. However, instead of staying in its "idle mode" it decided to show the "TEMP" screen. Interesting. There must be a handshaking or some kind of confirmation that you change the message going on somewhere...

ID    0

I hate to break it to you, but I don't anyone even knows what you're talking about! That's some pretty heavy sh** you got going on there...

Ron    1

Could be a problem....

We did not write the software ourselfs, so our engineers dont know something about that.

Im already asking for the source code myself because I want to write it for LINUX also (Kylix should do the trick). I think it is written in MSVB but I think IF I got the source code Im going to re-write to Borland C++.

Twigathy    0

Ah, excellent, push for the source and then we can all enjoy a nice shiny Winamp/Cooldrive 6 plugin. Im pretty sure there is a demand for this: Just look at the amount of views that this topic has!

Guest SpaceCowboy   
Guest SpaceCowboy

This topic's a great idea...

just so happens ive been customizing meh desktop and the thought occured i'd like to do this..

15 minutes and a few google searches later and im here :)

*bump*

Do this!

Guest SpaceCowboy   
Guest SpaceCowboy

uh.. :)

Dont ask me man i only clicked the link..

But, yes.. i am incredible :twisted:

Karma Ghost    0

Well, welcome then.

Here's hoping you guys figure out how to do that; that would be really cool.

But I have no idea how to do any of that stuff. :D