Sign in to follow this  
Twigathy

Winamp now playing / Cooldrive 6

Twigathy    0

This may sound like an utterly crazy question....but is there a way to send info about the currently playing MP3 in winamp to the cooldrive 6's LCD display? If not, is there a SDK for the cooldrive 6 showing how you can communicate using the USB-->cooldrive interface?

Thanks

Twigathy

mak45    0

a program that maybe still under construction

merovingian    0
This may sound like an utterly crazy question....but is there a way to send info about the currently playing MP3 in winamp to the cooldrive 6's LCD display? If not, is there a SDK for the cooldrive 6 showing how you can communicate using the USB-->cooldrive interface?

Thanks

Twigathy

that is kinda crazy, BUT! It is a great idea. :D .....grammer there is shoty but you understand.

ID    0

I control my Winamp with my audigy 2 remote, using a plugin. Have you checked out the various plugins at winamp.com? I doubt there will be one for the Cool Drive 6, but it's worth checking out.

merovingian    0
I control my Winamp with my audigy 2 remote, using a plugin. Have you checked out the various plugins at winamp.com? I doubt there will be one for the Cool Drive 6, but it's worth checking out.
\

OMG? Are you serious? Cause my audigy needs a plug for *cough* itunes *cough* my mpy player. :D

ID    0
\

OMG? Are you serious? Cause my audigy needs a plug for *cough* itunes *cough* my mpy player. :D

Oh right, in America it's illegal TO DOWNLOAD MUSIC. And up north, we couldn't care less!

Seriously, I don't think people are even aware of the cool things you can get going with winamp. I'm also able to control winamp remotely with my PalmPilot. Some of the plugins that enhance MP3 audio are pretty incredible as well.

Twigathy    0

Noooo, not quite what I wanted :) I want the current track to scroill across the display rather than the info about temperatures and such....I emailed Cooler Master tech support a litle while ago asking how the interface between the cooldrive 6 and the USB--->serial connection works....so watch this space ;)

Hybrid-Mods    0

Oh right, in America it's illegal TO DOWNLOAD MUSIC. And up north, we couldn't care less!

You've haven't met the right americans