Sign in to follow this  
Ron

Stacker 830

What do you think about the new Stacker?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the new Stacker?

• I love it and I wanna have it
    • Nice but it needs some modifications
    • Love the looks but not the possibilities
    • I will never buy it,but I love Stacker 1.
    • I hate stackers so I hate this one also.
    • Love the possibilities but not the looks

domoMKIV    0

i really like the 830....but since i have no clue when it will be out and need a case within the next month, ill probably just pick up a stacker. :(

NovaShine    0

Before, i was a pretty big fan of the original stacker and i wanted to grab one as soon as the time was right, but now, i see this and ive pretty much fallen in love. with it.

But i have 2 major concerns:

1. Floppy Drive.

I still use this from time to time and i need it to install my ICH5R Raid 0 array during a reformat. With the original CM Stacker, i thought it would be fine as it had 11 bays, more than enough to spare one extra bay out to serve as the floppy bay.

I have 2 Optical Drives, 1 Thermaltake Hardcano 12 fan/temp monitor and fanbus, that's 3 bays gone, then i have 4 HDDs, which would fit in the 4 in 3 drive bay, there goes another 3 and the last 3 would be taken up by another fan to keep positive "pressure" inside the case as there are two exhausts.

That's all 9 slots gone, so where do i put the floppy?

The little rectangular box above the power button right at the top of the case looks like a 3.5" bay, but i cant be sure and nobody's mensioned this problem before. If it wasnt a 3.5" bay, it would make my choice of buying this case rather difficult as im not going to be able to fit all my PC into it. But i think if it was, there are a huge array of opportunities with that thing. It could be from a floppy bay, to an extra hard disk slot, to a Front panel to monitor your rig's temps and fan speeds (alot of 3.5" ones are available, take the Vantec Nexus 3.5" version for example).

2. Side window. Ive always loved being able to peer into the insides of my computer and the old stacker case had the addon of a clear side panel. Im just wondering if there was such an option on the new stacker 830. I would really hate to not see the insides of the case, with watercooling all setup and the nice shiny CCFL :lol:

Anyway, other than that, that case is just plain sexy. Great job CM.

thehawk    0
So can we assume that this stacker is history and is never going to be released?

Hmmm, why do you say so?

I'm lost :roll:

shah120    0
So can we assume that this stacker is history and is never going to be released?

Hmmm, why do you say so?

I'm lost :roll:

Sorry, I am just irate. Its been MONTHS since I was told that a new version of cases were going to be released. I believe I was told about these new cases in summer 04 and I was told that they should be out by December/Feb and its May now. I am just mad that they are not released yet. The wait is agonizing. LianLi already came out with their new cases -- PC 65 Plus -- and they havent even advertisied the case as much as these new CM cases. So I was just commenting on the fact that I might as well give up patience for this stacker as it is basically history now unless its going to be released in May. :x

whitedragon    0
I honestly love the case. I think it's probably going to be my next one. I love the features, how it's aluminum and all the fans, but I would like to see a 2nd PSU and a black edition.

now that you're in mod, buy one for me too ;P

thehawk    0
Sorry, I am just irate. Its been MONTHS since I was told that a new version of cases were going to be released. I believe I was told about these new cases in summer 04 and I was told that they should be out by December/Feb and its May now. I am just mad that they are not released yet. The wait is agonizing. LianLi already came out with their new cases -- PC 65 Plus -- and they havent even advertisied the case as much as these new CM cases. So I was just commenting on the fact that I might as well give up patience for this stacker as it is basically history now unless its going to be released in May. :x

Hmm, no disrespect mate, but I think you're wrong there? I mean, the first time I heard about this new stacker was back in early December and the release date given was May/June indeed.

Or maybe I'm wrong? :)