Sign in to follow this  
Ron

Stacker 830

What do you think about the new Stacker?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the new Stacker?

• I love it and I wanna have it
    • Nice but it needs some modifications
    • Love the looks but not the possibilities
    • I will never buy it,but I love Stacker 1.
    • I hate stackers so I hate this one also.
    • Love the possibilities but not the looks

CHEESEWHiZ    0

I hope you guys realize that you misspelled "sturdy" in the section about the aluminum. Also when describing the fans you can use it says that you can use a 120cm fan in the top.

milo    0
This case a mid-tower, not like the Stacker 1 that is a full tower.

How tall is it? The CeBIT new products page listed the 830 at 3mm shorter than the Stacker 1 - I take it that was a typo?

Makaelin    0

Good and bad. First, the good.

1) Thank God, the side panel is useful for cooling now. That 80mm side mount on the Stacker1 really pissed me off. Ability to add fans without the 3.5 drive bays is good, too. However, is there the ability to mount them with screws? I can't stand those plastic fan mount things, bad Antec memories.

2) Looks good. It'll look far, far better in black, however. Honestly, I don't know why you guys don't just make a black one first. That's what most people seem to want anyway, to match components.

Some bad...

1) The only thing aluminum does is make it weigh less and make it cost a shitload. People that are interested in the Stacker were not concerned about case portability, considering the Stacker1 weighs 10 tons and can support a troupe of hobos living inside. Aluminum is also more flimsy. I wish this trend in making all cases aluminum would roll over and die. Should've stayed with good, solid steel.

2) Front door....ewww. No, no... please, make it have a -good- option (ie, doesn't look stupid) to not have a door at all. That was one of my favorite things about the stacker. Front doors are a good idea on paper that ends up being stupid in application. It's never closed except when you're not using the computer.

All in all, not a bad case. However, if it's more than $20 more than the Stacker1, I'll go with another original for the door-less design, more space (big deal here), steel construction. And I mean current prices, basically I wouldn't pay over $200 for this case.

On a side note, does anything here agree with me that the Centurion 530 looks like what the Stacker2 should've looked like?

watch3ro    0

Hi,

you mentioned it will be availible in germany in September 2005.

So i need a case till april - i love the new stacker - aluminium is so pretty and not so heavy (LAN ;)

So i have to choose the stacker 1 or can i get the 810, 820 faster than august?

If i buy the Stacker 1 ST-01 - can i use a HIS X800 XL Dual Slot? I heard sometimes that the slots at the back of the stacker are too small or something like that? Have you used a dual slot graphic card with no problems?

tanks in advance

thehawk    0
Have you used a dual slot graphic card with no problems?

tanks in advance

watch3ro, I believe yes, there are problems with it but they will be solved in a new revision of the Stacker 1.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

thehawk    0
We're currently fixing the design of the future batch of the CM-Stacker. Once I get an update and replacement, I will contact everyone for replacement. I know the waiting might be ridiculous because If i was in your shoe I would be furious as well. Please give us some time because manufacturing and redesigning and new tooling can take time.

Take a look at:

http://www.coolermaster.com/phpBB2/view ... sc&start=0

Guest dogin   
Guest dogin

Please clarify what the fit problem is on the Stacker 1??? I have an 6800 Ultra dual slot that is working fine. Will soon have an Ausus SLI A8N Premium board as soon as it is released for sale and will put two 6800 Ultras in the Stacker. Will I have problems? From your link it looks like there is a problem only with the ATI card???

watch3ro    0

I have read this thread now. But i have to know, if there there is a chance to get an new revision of the stacker till march. If not, the only way is to cut the slot a bit longer - or will coolermaster send us a new back panel or something else?

I really hope CM will not take some of naysayers' opinion too seriously and end up not releasing this case like they did with the Praetorian 731 for the US market.

With that said, when can we expect to pick one up? :)

Praetorian 731 is a OEM case in the US, thats why you can not find it.

But I want to make something clear....

Have a look at this:

In 2005, Cooler Master will release a new mid-tower chassis --- the CM Stacker 830.

This case a mid-tower, not like the Stacker 1 that is a full tower.

You can read more about it on this page:

http://www.coolermaster.com/Cebit2005/exhibition/main/press02.htm

I'm very happy that its a mid-tower. I hate full tower cases because my case sits on top of my desk and i have no use for all of those bays. The 9 bays on the Stacker 2 are more then enough for me. And i think the front door on the Stacker 2 actually looks good. Especially on the silver version that i will most likely get :).

So when will the Stacker 2 be available retail in the US!! Hurry up CM i need a new case NOW!