Sign in to follow this  
Ron

Stacker 830

What do you think about the new Stacker?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the new Stacker?

• I love it and I wanna have it
    • Nice but it needs some modifications
    • Love the looks but not the possibilities
    • I will never buy it,but I love Stacker 1.
    • I hate stackers so I hate this one also.
    • Love the possibilities but not the looks

garfx32    0

Of course, you can always mod it to fit two PSUs.

I'm sure there's plenty of room in the bottom.

Ron    1
Ron, when will the Stacker 830 be available in Germany? Thanks.

I think somewhere in august/september :?

It is still a proto version

CHEESEWHiZ    0
Of course, you can always mod it to fit two PSUs.

I'm sure there's plenty of room in the bottom.

Not when that is where the main PSU goes.

Guest dogin   
Guest dogin

Liked it at first sight. Don't understand the two PSU questions as they add too many wires to the case (New PSU's are out now and more coming that supply all the power you need in one unit). I like the futuristic styling. From my own experience, side fans do wonders for lowering CPU, Ram and vid card temps (recently put two 120mm in a second window panel I purchased for further fan modding on my Stacker 1). I do hope the 4 panel fan assembly will let you remove the two front fan retainers so a window can be put in the front half (Have to have a window). Question on aqaugate mini. Looks like the hoses interfere with the ram slots on most mobos. Is there an elbow connector option to get the hoses straight up and out of the way????

Ron    1
Question on aqaugate mini. Looks like the hoses interfere with the ram slots on most mobos. Is there an elbow connector option to get the hoses straight up and out of the way????

Oke...it is off-topic but the answer is : No, they dont interfare.

PowerSlide    0

roughly how much it gona cost..ore than the stacker 1 or lesser...sorry if this Q cant be answered coz mebb im getting it once available.. :lol:

More than the Stacker 1 for sure considering the obvious that it's an all aluminum case. Also take into consideration all the mechanism of this case as well. Lets just say this won't be a cheap case but you will get your money worth.

Guest dogin   
Guest dogin

bigbadbns, Placed a request with my product supplier to get a 830 as soon as they have it in stock (they indicated CM said May). Is this accurate? Also about that four fan panel. Can the fan attachement retainers be taken off the square snap in 4 fan bracket so a window can be fabricated into the side??

Like the new 830 enough to relegate my Stacker 1 to my old P4 system.

milo    0

Stuff I like:

• That side fan panel is terrific. Much better than the infuriating unusable 300mm hole in the side of the T01.

• 120mm blowhole is a good improvement over the original.

• Flippable mobo tray was a great idea and appears to be improved. Does it still support upside-down ATX the way the first Stacker almost did?

Stuff I'm not sure about:

• Does anyone have a shot of the rear of the case? I'd like to see what replaced the 2nd PSU.

• The radiator mount is interesting, but a fan/shroud/rad stack is going to be up to 6" deep - you'll have trouble clearing the CPU blocks or the PCI cards unless that case is a lot wider than I think it is. Better to put two 120mm fan mounts next to each other on the rear.

• Can't quite tell from the pictures - is there a way to mount 120mm fans up front without using the 3-in-1 caddies?

Changes I'd make:

• One more vote for black. Brushed silver is too hard to match drive bays to. Yes, I know there's a door, but the door will be open any time I'm using the unmatched drives.

• The trapezoidal side vents make me think of a minivan, for some reason. I don't think they'll look good against the square fan array behind them.

• Gimme back my 2nd PSU bay! The Stacker was just ahead of its time a little; there'll be much more need for this in the next generation of processors and graphics cards.

• I think someone mentioned the 830 had a replaceable door. Is there a variant along the lines of the new Praetorian 730? Something that could baffle noise without obstructing airflow would be great. Best would be a half-door - leave two bays exposed with the door closed, so that we can block out the HD noise while not having to worry about DVD auto-ejects.

• One way-out there idea: ability to link cases side-to-side. That'd solve the dual-PSU problem, give the watercooling guys a place to put the car radiator, double the number of bays available, and give the name Stacker a new meaning. :P Might be better applied to a Centurion-size case, if it could be stretched like the Lian-Li PC-V1200 to take an EATX mobo. Particularly scary is what one could do if this could be made sideways rack-mountable like the Supermicro or Chenbro convertibles - server lego!

Guest dogin   
Guest dogin
That'd solve the dual-PSU problem,

There are 850W single PS units available now and in varying W's under that that will power a fully loaded SLI system with H20. Doesn't appear there is a need for two PSU's with all the wiring that goes with it?