Sign in to follow this  
notoriousbigs

3.5 bracket for Stacker please read!

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

its not cost effective to include 2, the few poeple who need 2 get them for free anyway.

dropper    0

To everyone having problems with installing the floppy, please set your way back machines to the very first page of the thread.

Here, on the 10th or so post, you will see my solution to the problem. You will be able to put the floppy in right side up, and have it mounted an appropriate distance from the front bezel.

Detailed pictures are there.

Keith

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

Where have you been hiding dropper.

N|x    0
Where did you received those brackets for the floppy?

They came with the stacker.. From the looks of things, the revision was made in order to make the front panels more accessible from below

N|x    0
Where did you received those brackets for the floppy?

They came with the stacker.. From the looks of things, the revision was made in order to make the front panels more accessible from below

The 3.5" drive brackets allow for short single screw 3.5" drive aparatus, like the real power wattage meter.. If you try and mount the 3.5" real power wattage meter to the original bracket on page 1 of this thread in dropper's pictures, you'll find out that you can't install the stacker 3.5" face plate due to interference from the brackets. The revised brackets are cut as not to interfere with the face plate..

If you look at Droppers pictures you'll see he only mounted to the rear two screws.. The front mouting position could not be used or else he would have had the same issue with installation of the front face plate. Just tested the original bracket when trying to mount the real power wattage meter and there's no way the face plate will install..

dropper    0

Uh.....

It's dropper, not drooper.

Yeah, my solution is for the brackets they were handing out at the time. I thought later about taking a Dremel to them to see if I could overcome the clearance issue. But since my solution was working, it wasn't much of a priority. I am glad they fixed it.

Keith

N|x    0
Uh.....

It's dropper, not drooper.

Yeah, my solution is for the brackets they were handing out at the time. I thought later about taking a Dremel to them to see if I could overcome the clearance issue. But since my solution was working, it wasn't much of a priority. I am glad they fixed it.

Keith

My appologies, edited for accuracy.. :lol::wink:

My guess is the revised bracket was included since the stacker revision.

On the downside, when I placed an order with Coolermaster's US office for a bracket a couple of weeks ago, I received the original bracket.. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that the stacker face cover could not clear the original 3.5" bracket when I tried to mount the CM real power wattage meter.. Hopefully, the US office will inquire into receiving some of the revised brackets, because anyone with a 3.5" slot fan controller or similar short slot items will find they are unable to mount them without that revised bracket.