Sign in to follow this  
notoriousbigs

3.5 bracket for Stacker please read!

maademperor    0

are you guys actually recieving these from CoolerMaster? I got no response to my email and just sent another, fully expecting to hear nothing again. Is this supposed to be purchased or supplied by request? Did you have to call in to get one?

maademperor    0
If you recently bought a Stacker you should have recieved one set of rails.

bought it in July, just now getting around to configuring it though. This thread gives the distinct impression that people like me can get one though

niall    0

I have been waiting for one since February 22nd. Franco in the Taiwan branch sent me a pair of brackets which were v1 - incompatible with the CMStacker black sliding rails. Last week, 2 months later, he finally sent me v2 but the box only contained one piece and so I am now told that it will take another month to receive the matching piece.

I have had the most amazing trouble with CoolerMaster over this CMStacker case. I'm going to document my experience with CM so far in another thread, it's just too long and horrible and I don't want to hijack this thread. Let us all hope that they get their act together both on the manufacturing front and on after-sales technical support and communication with their customers.

house    0

I have the same rail's and the same problem... please help us....

I'm gonna go home and fart about with it some more. I was up last night for about 1 hr trying to sort it out. I've mucked around for 2 hrs working out what I was gonna put things so didn't have to move it when i added my water cooling.

I have seen the pics (page1 of thread) with the other type of rails so will see if i can get it to work like that.

Cheers keg75

p.s. I can't get over the bloody size... :) my girlfriend thinks I'm crazy buying something so big - but SIZE DOES MATTER - especially at LANS where the biggest n baddest WIN. My decks gonna rival my mates Dual g5 Mac. for size at least.... :D

house    0

SORTED I turned the rails upside down and had the black strips hanging out from that... i didn't think it would hold once in the but it all seems stable.

Only problem i have now is my video card doesn't fit too well. It doesn't fit flush with the plate that has the pci slots cut into it. I think the pci slots are too short too. My audigy fits but the vi card doesn't and my joy stick port doesn't (had to take out a the little bolt with you screw yopu device into (not sure of the name)).

I guess i'm gonna send my pics in and see if i can get a new plate.

keg75

p.s. considering all new stackers from january are supposed to be the updated version i'm a little annoyed. I thought I was going to have to put all my bits back in my old pc which would have turned into a 5-6hrs excercise.

Bardaf    0

I have the same brackets .... I tryed all possible ways .... impossible to have the FDD other than upsidedown

If somebody have done it right please send pictures !!

I tryed to contact CM by the "support page" (on web site) 3 times .... no answer

I have another problem with a CoolDrive 4 .... see other topic

Hereward    0

Wouldn't it be simpler if CoolerMaster Simply included at least 2 if not 3 x 3.5 bezel's with the stacker case? They only need to include the metal face bracket as everyone inserts at least one if not two CD/DVD drives which means 1 or 2 x 5.25 bezels become surplus. The metal bezel face bracket can be unclipped from the 5.25 bezel and easily replaced by the 3.5 metal bezel. It takes about 20 seconds to perform the operation. Let's hope they could include a few more 3.5 adapters for the drives as well! I am short at least 1 if not 2.