Sign in to follow this  
notoriousbigs

3.5 bracket for Stacker please read!

Jtanczos    0

I submitted my info to get the brackets for my stacker a couple weeks ago but received no reply. I sent another email tonight. Any way to confirm they actually got it?

JT

Guest dogin   
Guest dogin

I bought a Black (come in silver too) 3 1/2" to 5" bay adapter at a PC Club store. You can not only mount a floppy in it, but I put the PCI switch for the cross flow fan in another modified 3 1/2" to 5" adapter. Cut some black plastic used in car stereo installations and made a nice cover for the 3 1/2" hole so just the switch and the adjustments show. Had to cut off the part of the PCI bracket that attaches to the computer PCI slots. Fabricated small brackests to attach switch to adpater hardware. Was tired of waiting and this bracket works and looks great.

is this something you have to order? if so, where? i would like one as well (haven't even got my case yet)

also, does the case come with a 4 in3? I couldn't tell, so I ordered one when I ordered my stacker

Your new purchase will have this bracket included. If it doesn't, you could contact benson@coolermaster.com for one. For the 4-in-3 Device, it comes with one installed.

Guest dogin   
Guest dogin

The extra 4-3 cage is good anyway as it adds another 120mm intake fan. I would highly recommend the optional cross flow fan. If you run it on medium (high actually increases temps because of turbulence) and use a side fan in the left side (variable manual fan set to low or medium), then you can expect a 2C decrease in CPU and Vid card temps (that result includes the extra cage fan running you ordered). I will say it again, this case is fantastic and the cooling really works. Far Cry, Doom III and now HL2 have all put it to the test for many straight hours and it keeps flying!!! :)

ps I also run a bottom rear case fan but that was in their before I checked the initial temps.

How do I go about getting one of the brackets here in good old South Africa?
Echo,

South Africa is being taken care of by our very own HQ. Here are their contact info:

Sales Inquiry for Asia Pacific: sales@coolermaster.com.tw

Product Information: pm@coolermaster.com.tw

Marketing (activities, sample request): marketing@coolermaster.com.tw

Web (suggestion, report error): webmaster@coolermaster.com.tw

Other: info@coolermaster.com.tw