CM Patrick

[Official] MasterLiquid Pro Owners Club

knud    129

The 3 mode limit the MAX fan speed of the fans. Q being the lowest, P being the highest.

Sujan that definitely not right, mine do not make any noise, but good luck with the support, I have a defective fan and is a month I am expecting an approval on request for return, My next by go to corsair, I will just use only the fan from cooler master, very bad support 

Sujan Giri    0

Sujan that definitely not right, mine do not make any noise, but good luck with the support, I have a defective fan and is a month I am expecting an approval on request for return, My next by go to corsair, I will just use only the fan from cooler master, very bad support 

Thanks Dario.

I returned mine for a full refund. It was still under warranty from newegg.  I went ahead and got air cooler. I guess i am still not ready for liquid cooling stuff. I have like 8 fans now and still less noise than this pump was making. :)

Scott    0

Hi,

I'm interested in one of these coolers (either 240 or 280) from a silence point of view as they seem to have the quietest pump of AIO coolers. Does anyone know what fan rpm would be typical to cool an i7 4770 (stock speeds)?

What rpm speeds are the quiet and silence options in the fans? 

Thanks 

Teeku Patel    0

Hi everyone,

I just installed the MasterLiquid Pro 240 because my other cooler leaked.  I am unable to locate any type of software to control the pump/fan speeds of the MasterLiquid Pro.  Do you all use some other type of software to monitor the pump and fan speeds?  

Thank you,

Teeku

Patrick    1

I just installed the 120 in my Cooler Master Elite 130 on an Asus ROG Maximus VIII Impact LGA 1151 along with a i7 6700k Skylake. It was a tricky install and very tight. Right now I have the pump on the CPU Fan Header, but will try the Chassis Fan 1 header to see how that goes. I'm not sure yet which would be better.  I tried 3 air coolers and could not keep the temps down below 50c on idle. This MB is very compact and has raised sections on 3 sides and the memory encloses the entire CPU area......my guess this is why the air coolers wouldn't work.  With 4 walls up all around the CPU the air flow was quite limited. I bought a GeminII M4 but it wouldn't even fit down in the hole. 

Put the Master Liquid Pro 120 in and now I can breath a little easier with temps around 34-39c at idle and 58-64c under load.  With the Noctua NH-L9x65 I could not get it to drop below 50c at idle and would spike to 82-92c under load.  Applied Artic Silver 3 times and just wouldn't drop. 

Patrick

I'm about to out a MasterLiquid 120 in my 130 also. I'm intending to run the pump as a system fan to maintain a constant speed, and connect the radiator fans to the CPU fan so it can be set to increase power with temp rise in bios. Keep in mind moving liquid faster or slower won't dissipate the heat out of it, that's the radiator and fans' job, so the pump isn't going to benefit from variable speed. At least that's how I understand it? I'm no expert though.

• Upvote 1

knud    129

Yep - set the pump speed to a fixed, maximum, speed and you can set the fans to a variable speed.