Sign in to follow this  
ninuhadida

surprise :D

ID    0

Holy crap ninuhadida, you do need a new CD-RW! I have the same model on my OLD computer. 8x4x32x isn't it??

The insides of your rig look great! I'd put a coat of gloss on the outside of the case, but that's just me.

Nice job!

ninuhadida    0

yes lol :lol:

usually when i'm going over to a friend or someone i get the hdd with me, so i don't use the cd-wr much...

i need a dvd-wr though to copy films, music and backup things..... no money though :cry:

edit: i had painted the outside with gloss spray but i don't like gloss, so i went out and by the matt spray, better now, more stealthy :D :D

ID    0

I bought my BenQ 16X DVD-RW for $80 CDN. They've actually gone down quite a bit in price.

SyxPak    0
Why don't you paint the face plate of the tray?

If I did that, wouldn't I have to sand down the logos? I kinda like being able to tell what kind of drive it is from the front!

Actually, this is giving me an interesting idea for a spraypaint project. I could make my own labels (CD-RW, DVD-RW) using a stencil in bright blue, or red if I change the LED's in the front. Hmmm.....

For painting plastic fascias and front panels etc. I use plastic bumper primer spray, from autoparts stores.

No real need to sand it too much, just rough it a little bit with 600grit, rinse, dry and spray.

[edit by Jughead: don't reply to threads more than one month old. Please read the rules]