Sign in to follow this  
N|x

Black CM-Stackers side panel w/ Updated ETA! Finally

Except the text would be up-side-down.
Like Mindless and miyagi said, you could have BTX with the current window without it looking upside down.

All you have to do is rearrange the MB tray and don't flip it to the other side.

darkfog    0

Maybe I am confusing some by saying BTX. The access door to the motherboard is now on the right side of the case.

Regardless, I am determined to keep my case BTX for various reasons. Unless they come out with a BTX window (highly doubtfull) ill just stick with my own design. Ill try and mimik the the CM Stacker has out now.

On a side note, its a shame the window isnt square, you then yould be able to unscrew it and turn the logo so it faces rightside up.

To answer another question, is the CM STACKER logo engraved/etched or is that a sticker on the window?

Thank you for the replies! :wink:

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

the motherboard tray upside down is just an inverted motherboard tray, yes a window would be nice.

darkfog    0

Went ahead and made my own, not the factory CM window shape, but it makes the case look more roomy. Came our excellent in person :)

wc6.JPG

CHEESEWHiZ    0
Went ahead and made my own, not the factory CM window shape, but it makes the case look more roomy. Came our excellent in person :)

*picture*

Do you think you could PM me with the steps you took to modding it? Did you end up repainting it?

Ice Man    0

I've been following this thread for quite a while now, and i have to say this is all a really sad mess. I hope you guys get your windowed black sidepanel for the Stacker.

darkfog    0

Sorry guys forgot I posted here.

Anywho, the window is really easy to do on your own.

Step 1: Measure out a design, MAKING SURE THE WINDOW IS NOT TOO BIG!

Make sure the plexi goes no more than 2 1/4" from the back, 2" from the top , bottom, and front. IF you make it larger than this you WILL NOT be able to put the door on!

Step 2: After its all measured out I took a part of sheetmetal snips (left and right ones) and CAREFULLY cut it out. Make sure to precisely and GENTLY cut, it nicks extremely easy.

Step 3: After its all cut out take a bastard grain file and grind down those places where you cut a little off line. Then, your good ol' dremel and sand the edges out to make them smooth.

Step 4: I cut the plexi so it is 1/2" larger than the cutout on the door is.

Step 5: Find some flush-head bolts, ream out the holes you drilled out, and bolt the plexi on.

Step 6: If successfull with all of the above admire your work :P.

Optional step: Take a permanent felt tip marker and run it along the bare aluminum, you cut for the window, to make it better blend in with the rest of the door.

Good luck guys :)