Sign in to follow this  
N|x

Black CM-Stackers side panel w/ Updated ETA! Finally

N|x    0
No it doesn't! The tooling is already there! where do you think the silver ones came from? All it would take on your end is to paint the side window a different color!!! How does this requre you people to reinvent the wheel? I have an engineering background and it would take a week at the latest for a backburner project like this to be up and running. I'm calling shenanigans on CM!

On "my" end? Unfortunately, I don't work for CM - I'm just a moderator here on the forum. Sorry if that's not clear.

I don't know how CM operates as far as their design & manufacturing process, so I can't comment. Yes, it does make sense that if they already have the silver ones that this would be a quick process, but I don't like to assume anything - including that they'd use the design/tooling/etc. from the silver side panels to make the black ones. Much as it makes perfect sense to do so.

Anyway, all I was saying is just to be patient. And just one other thing: if I were in your shoes... I'd just cut my own window in the side panel, but that's just me, I guess...

That's my two cents.. and I wasn't trying to start an argument here.

If this were a new case design I could buy into the new tooling excuse, but as it has already been mentioned, there aren't any modifications, the only change realistically is with respect to paint.. Six months have passed and the people here are still left with empty promises.. Where are the panels? When will there be a concrete date which we can expect to be able to purchase a panel? This shouldn't be difficult information to obtain. I don't hold you responsible because you're a loyal coolermaster supporter, but it's a little hard to deny the fact that something is awry here.. If this was an important issue to CM they would make it important..

darkfog    0

I know this is a little off topic but here it goes,

I am a brand new user of the Black stacker (I love it) and I found this thread just before I bought it.

My question is, I have my case in a BTX style right now, do windows exist that are for the right side on the case (btx xtyle if you will)? If I were to take a lefty and put it on the right, the logo and window would be updise down.

I forget what thread it was but one of the moderators said it was possible. I was just wondering if this is true?

If not Ill break out the shears :D

PS. First post at the CM forums. :wink:

welcome darkfog, many black cm stacker owners have been waiting for a black side panel since october of 2004 when it was 1st announced that they would be released, were still waiting, right now our only hope of getting these is if bigbadbns can get us some, as promised, the side panels are reversable but yours would have to be upside down, still waiting!!!

darkfog    0

Thanks for replying CooL Blooded.

One more question. I dont care about it being upside down, but about the CM Stacker Logo on the windo itself.

Is that an etching or a sticker?

SyxPak    0

Personally, I'll be doing a custom window mod on my black stacker when I get it, the current stacker window design is cut too far forward, I don't like showing the drive rack in bare metal when the exterior is black.

Only solution, aside from a custom job, is to spray the inside of the case.

I just got my gegional manager to say a few word to HQ as well. We're in US are very annoyed that they still haven't give us an answer yet. My manager said to HQ that we will bring in stock to US if they decide to make it. If they dont, say so and stop wasting our time.

Please guys give me time! I am working very hard at it trying to get it here for you. please understand!

darkfog    0

I think I have come to the conclusion, I am going to cut my own. Ill have be carefull not to scratch the anodized parts. Besides the window you all are waiting for wont even be made in BTX. I already have a sheet of plexi laying around. I think with some time and patience I can make it look very decent! :D

Mr. Miyagi    2
I think I have come to the conclusion, I am going to cut my own. Ill have be carefull not to scratch the anodized parts. Besides the window you all are waiting for wont even be made in BTX. I already have a sheet of plexi laying around. I think with some time and patience I can make it look very decent! :D

The Stacker windowed side panel is compatible for a BTX setup.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

no to make it btx all you do is unsrew the mobob backplate and re arrange it inverting hte motherboard tray does not make it btx.