Sign in to follow this  
Brok3n

Heatsink Question

Brok3n    0

Hey guys, new to the forums, alot of good information going around. I was browsing for an affordable cooler the other day and ran across the Cooler Master HHC-001, its the all copper one with the heatpipes. Just wondering how good the performance was, if anyone had tried it or uses it. Thanks.

Kahobi    0

From the looks of it I think it would be a very good cooler...though I cant find it on their web page and only on a review page....odd

Are you running AMD or Intell? If is a AMD socket A, then you might want to keep shopping. That thing is 520 grams, and I am not sure if that is with or without the fan. AMD dose not reccomend going over 300 grams...If I remember correctly. I havent had experence going over that weight in a heatsync/fan, but from what I have read you have the risk of crushing the CPU. Any one else have experence or knowlage on that?

Hybrid-Mods    0

I believe CoolerMaster might of phased that cooler out, It looks some what old-school, and the reviews for it were all done in 2002.

It is designed for a Socket 370 and Socket A configuration. Fits Intel Socket 370, and AMD Socket A Duron, Thunderbird, and XP processors.

Probaly will only keep a slower xp cool. Depending on your configuration this might be the cooler for you depending if you can find it. But I will recommend you a better cooler Such as the Vortex Dream 7 if your working with the K-7 based Athlon's, Otherwise the Standard Vortex Dream should do excellent for you.

If you want the cooler you've seen, I will say it does Pretty well, even back in it's day.

Brok3n    0

Yeah I recently had a bad run in with a thermaltake cooler and im forced to use a really crappy dynatron heatsink/fan that picked up locally until I can find a good heatsink/fan to order online. I have a mobile athlon 2600+ @ 2.5ghz (12.5x200)

So i'm definetly looking for something that can keep an overclocked processor cooled down well. The dynatron does suprisingly well, about 48-50c on load but that's a bit higher than i'm used to. So any recommendations would be helpful.

If you could post placed to buy the Vortex Dream 7, and review on it, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Hybrid-Mods    0

Dynatron is a great company, I've done busisness with them before. They're heatsinks are solid copper.. skived, no solder nothing. Only if they had more fins. :D