JOS

MasterLiquid Pro 240 Installation

JOS    0

The instruction booklet indicates to connect the pump and the fans to two separate connectors on the motherboard. My MOBO just has one and I wouldn't like to combine them into one as I may exceed the MOBO allowable current for that connector which is 1A (12W). I'm thinking to connect the pump directly to the PSU 12V supply and the fans to the CPU FAN connector. Thus the pump will be running always at max speed. Is this correct?  Additionally the cooler fans have speed control switches and there is no indication in to which setting to use. Please advise. It would be nice for CoolerMaster to provide this information in the installation instructions so we don't need to go fishing for it.

knud    129

You can safely connect the pump directly to the PSU 12v (using an adapter for example).

As for the fan speed - that is up to you. 

I love fishing, there is also this http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/Liquid-Cooling-Where-do-I-connect-the-Fans-and-Pump/?q=connect+pump+fans&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

or look at http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/pkb_Home?q=connect pump fans&l=en_US

The pump is designed to run at max RPM.

However I would avoid connecting the pump directly to PSU, simply because you cant monitor if the pump is running or not at a glance, but if you are comfortable with not knowing, go for it.

Edited by

JOS    0

Thanks for the responses and apologies for my delay in replying. As you indicate, the pump has to run always at max RPM so I will connect it to the PSU. If I set an alarm for the CPU temperature I should be able to find out if the pump has stopped running. It's my only option as the pump power consumption exceeds what the MOBO headers can support. Issue solved :grin: 

Sunday Morning    177
2 hours ago, JOS said:

Thanks for the responses and apologies for my delay in replying. As you indicate, the pump has to run always at max RPM so I will connect it to the PSU. If I set an alarm for the CPU temperature I should be able to find out if the pump has stopped running. It's my only option as the pump power consumption exceeds what the MOBO headers can support. Issue solved :grin: 

Can you share some picture ?

How you set yours system is up to you ( Strong recommend is Contact CM customer services ) , but I would love use the motherboard connectors and definitely not directly hook to power supply with molex adapters, cause i will have 0 capability to read rpm. If the pumps rpm suddenly stops or dramatically drops off, its failing, so being able to monitor that is a good thing.  this is i do with my masterliquid 240 + z97x gaming 5 board .

I would also like to see a picture that shows all connections you made into motherboard and know what motherboard model you have to satisfy my curiosity.

I agree with Mohd Noh, how you setup your equipment, is entirely your decision.

Personally,  wouldn't do what you did myself but there we are. If it works....