Sign in to follow this  
evlos1

Praetorian intake filter

evlos1    0

Hi,

I just got a silver Praetorian case and absolutely love it. I switched from an Antec Overture, which was too loud by the time I had enough fan power to keep my stock P4 2.6C reasonably cool. (It was the original model before the side fan.)

The one thing that's bothering me about the Praetorian is the front intake filter -- how would I ever be able to clean it?

The metal mesh has gauze behind it, and at some point that's going to fill up with lint/dust. Yet, it seems like there's no way to remove it... even if I took out my drives and the front fans, isn't it glued to the mesh?

Did I miss a release mechanism?

Thanks,

Everett

wayne    0

Hi

I have the same case and I have wondered the same thing..

did you ever figure it out?

To remove the mesh is really easy. Look on the side of the front panel there will be 4 open slots that you could see the screws from. Each side of the front panel has 2 screws. Remove that and the front grill comes off flawlessly. If you're still confuse let me know and i'll post pictures.

Grump    0
Hi, bigbadbns can u post the pictures

I will be in the CM offices on Monday, so I will help Bryant get those pictures to you guys as soon as possible.

Grump

wayne    0

I took the time to mod that grill so it's easier to remove. It's simple. Use side cutters to cut the holes so that they become slots by removing the portion of material in front of the hole. You should now have one long slot instead of a hole. Now you can remove the grill WITHOUT having to take the screw all the way out.

Karma Ghost    0

The gauze behind the filter is clamped on there by the mesh filter. There are (I believe) 10 little clamps holding onto the gauze:

2 in the upper left

2 in the upper right

2 in the middle (one on each side)

2 in the lower left

2 in the lower right

PSiBeR    0

I have the same case, the Praetorian.

I was wondering the same thing on how to clean it... well today I saw a little lint coming out, and I decided lets try taking some of the dust out with a vaccum, and wow.... while my computer was powered off, I held my vaccum nozzle close to the intake grill but not touching it... alot of dust was getting sucked into the vaccum it was pretty crazy. You could see all thw white dust getting out of the grill.

After like 4 months of not cleaning it had build alot inside.

Now I'm not sure if its safe doing this or not.. but nothing was damaged during the process.

:lol: