Davor Brdar

Nepton 240M only one fan spinning

Davor Brdar    0

Hello,

I just put together a new rig.

My motherboard is Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 with i56600K cpu.

As a cpu cooler i put on Nepton 240M.

I connected water pump to CPU_FAN header and cooler fans with provided Y-splitter to CPU_OPT header.

In BIOS I set CPU_FAN to "Full Speed" and CPU Fan (water pump) is doing ~2.600 rpm constantly.

CPU_OPT is set to "Normal" so that cooler fans can increase or decrease operation depending on temperature and workload. CPU_OPT is doing ~980 rpm at idle.

My problem is, ONLY one of the fans on Nepton is spinning. When I try to change fan connectors on the Y-splitter, again only one fan is spinning but now it's the other one.

I tried connecting one by one fan to each of the Y-splitter connectors and only one connector of the Y-splitter is making fans spin.

Also I noticed that one connector on Y-splitter has 4 wires in a 4 wire connector and the other one has 3 wires in a 4 wire connector.

Is everything I wrote normal or should both cooler fans spin when I turn on power?

Is it maybe a faulty Y-splitter?

Did I connect the pump and the fans correctly to the motherboard?

Also, if I connect fan connectors to SYS_FAN headers on motherboard (there are 3 of those) will they know when they the cpu is hot and ramp up the RPMs?

Please help!

Thank you!