Jayden

V8 GTS -> Centurion 5 II

Jayden    0

Hi,

I bought my CoolerMaster Centurion 5 II about 3+ years back and it's never let me down; except for recently it appears to be getting a little tired! My northbridge chip on my motherboard is reaching some rather extreme temperatures during gaming and causes my machine to shut down at times.

So I've been looking into getting a more heavy duty cooler as the one I have was merely stock standard 3 years back. The V8 GTS looks like a thing of beauty, however, I just wanted to find out if this would fit in the Centurion 5 II with no issues; I have no major additions to the chassis, just 2x 8GB RAM cards & a Graphics card on the lowest slot.

Apologies if this is a silly question, I did read that it "fit most CoolerMaster chassis", but I just wanted to be sure!

Many thanks in advance.

Sunday Morning    177

Hey 

Welcome to CM forum

Ok we try check you chassis if can support V8 GTS or not

here is link for your chassis : http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/centurion-5-ii/

Height support : 147.4mm

Here is link for CM v8 GTS : http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/v8-gts/

Height is : 149.8mm

Mean your chassis not able to handle or support the CM v8 GTS

If you're really concerned, I would recommend contacting support services via email // ticket // live chat and seeing what they say about it-- they should be able to tell you more definitively.

Hope this can help

Edited by Mohd Noh
  • Upvote 1

Jayden    0

Hi Mohd,

Darn! That's a shame... I'll have to look for an alternative of the right height in that case. I appreciate your time and bringing my attention to the dimensions!

Sunday Morning    177

Hi Mohd,

Darn! That's a shame... I'll have to look for an alternative of the right height in that case. I appreciate your time and bringing my attention to the dimensions!

Hey Jay,

Oh man no problem man .. if you have any question .. just drop here or submit the ticket :)