Nathan Baker

Variable pump speed? Seidon 120v v2

Hey Guys,

So I've got a seidon 120v2 water cooler in my new rig and the pump is quite noisy but all temp are fine, it's been back to the place i bought it from and they have said that its fine no leaks etc and they have told me to reduce the speed in the bios from 100% to 75%...

Now I've been told that on this cooler you cannot do that... Apparently the pump is meant to be running full speed all the time.

Can someone give me a definitive answer please as I keep being told so many different things....

Sunday Morning    177

Hi , Welcome to CM forum

1, try Disconnected your Seidon and try Reseat or Repump the Seidon and see How the result

2, Try tighten the screws by hand as much as you can and then give them 1/4 to 1/2 of a turn with a screwdriver.  ( dont over )

3, If you start up the cooler, you should feel the pump working // running. (if you touch the tubes or the cpu block, you should fee a small vibration, indicating there is a water flow.The pump RPM should be around 2100-2300++  RPM btw, and try check your bios system

4, Could be air (bubbles) trapped in the radiator / loop. Eventually this will disappear.

5, RMA your unit if you still facing same issue

6, Last step , If you're really concerned, I would recommend contacting support services via email // ticket // live chat and seeing what they say about it-- they should be able to tell you more definitively.

Try step 1 2 3 and no 6 for sure   :)

Also you can try read this : http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/16096-cooler-master-seidon-120v-ver2-pump-noise/

Thanks for the info :)

I have tried all those steps including RMA and they said it was fine and the noise is nothing to worry about.

I did go into the bios and change the pump speed to 75% instead of 100% and the noise disappears.... is this safe to do as I have been told this pump should be set to 100% speed in bios.

Sunday Morning    177

the seidon should be quiter .. 

How you connect your seidon ?

Here is comment : I used my first setup with pump connected to 3-pin PWR_FAN and fan connected to 4-pin CPU_FAN. Pump runs at full speed as it should and the fan is controlled with temperature of CPU.

All is good.
CPU can get down to 22°C and up to 40-55°C depending on the type of load. 
Fans are fairly quiet too. Good airflow but no space to dual fan. Just pleased it's all working nicely! 

That's the same way my seidon is connected. I have tried different ways connecting it and it still sounds the same.

Is it safe to reduce the pump speed to 75% in the bios?

Agree with above here.  Seidon should be silent and running full speed.  That said, I wouldn't expect any issues dropping the speed to 75%, especially if the noise goes away.  That would suggest that whatever flow restriction, pump mechanical characteristic, etc. is less prevalent at that speed so it may be beneficial to run it at 75%.

However, these units should be quiet.  Can you quantify and characterize the noise?  Louder than your fans, bubbling, squealing :confused3:, etc.?  Ask the folks where you brought it whether THEY think the noise at 100% is "normal" (seems they avoid the question and say "temps are fine").

CM Patrick    34

Thanks for the info :)

I have tried all those steps including RMA and they said it was fine and the noise is nothing to worry about.

I did go into the bios and change the pump speed to 75% instead of 100% and the noise disappears.... is this safe to do as I have been told this pump should be set to 100% speed in bios.

Hello  Nathan,

The pump is designed to run at full speed since it has a 3 pin connector and not a 4 pin PWM connector. Depending on your motherboard, you are able to enter BIOS and adjust the pump RPM. Just keep an eye on your CPU temps if you do :thumbup:

Patrick

CMUSA Support

Sunday Morning    177

Agree with above here.  Seidon should be silent and running full speed.  That said, I wouldn't expect any issues dropping the speed to 75%, especially if the noise goes away.  That would suggest that whatever flow restriction, pump mechanical characteristic, etc. is less prevalent at that speed so it may be beneficial to run it at 75%.

However, these units should be quiet.  Can you quantify and characterize the noise?  Louder than your fans, bubbling, squealing :confused3:, etc.?  Ask the folks where you brought it whether THEY think the noise at 100% is "normal" (seems they avoid the question and say "temps are fine").

100% with his comment ... noise is not are normal ... if they have like you have .. they will think like you think right now