Marlon van der Linde

Ambient Air Chilling prior to case intake

Hi everyone

A bit of a wild/enthusiast/off-on-a-tangent post... a bit of a fun idea.

I live in Cape Town, South Africa, summers are around 35-40C, and indoors can be 30+

I don't really have or want a home aircon, so I have quite a wild ambient temp. 

What I do have is two gaming pc's in a room, and our CM Seidon and Nepton coolers - which rock!

I am flirting with the idea of "air chilling". Ie: Cooling ambient air prior to intake.

What I am NOT referring to is cooling the home/house/room, so don't suggest an airconditioner :-)

Have any of you given it any thought? Peltier coolers, other device that can be installed in a 80 or 120mm hose that can drop air below ambient, before it is pumped into a case or through a liquid cooler radiator.

I have seen some posts where folks basically have ducting that obtain air from outside the home, where outdoor temps are cold/chilly. This is cool, for winter maybe, where we see 16C outside (and 25C indoors).

But I feel more creative...  *scratch beard*

marlon

I have heard of Peltier coolers integrated into CPU cooling solutions, but not an "add-on" device to connect up to the intake air.

I'm sure it'll work - maybe it'll be more economical?

As this is "off-topic", have you checked other forums to broaden the audience of this question (ATOT, HWS, etc.)?

• Upvote 1